Kansas Tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
    Things aren’t looking good on the recovery. No blood, no tracks, super thick cover, just no leads on where to search. Searched for the last hour of day light last night and had 5 guys out all morning with no luck. He’s either still alive, or he ran a long way. It was a hard quartering away shot, but I felt confident. Now all the second guessing starts.

Not the outcome I was hoping to see today. Sorry about that but it does happen. With those muzzleloaders, once you shoot and all the smoke finally clears its hard to tell what happened after the shot.

Comment

Dang! Hate that for ya!

Comment

Just hope it was a clean miss. Stay after them. He will be back and you can close the Deal..

Comment

I’m hoping for a clean miss or a flesh would at this point. Some people are trophy hunters and some people are meet hunters. I’m a combination of both and hate wasting meat as well as the life of an animal. 2nd deer for me to lose in my hunting career. It’s rough.

Comment

i may have missed it but ar eyou hunting public of lease land with an outfitter up there kansas is on my bucket list for sure

Comment

Originally posted by fordsuper08 View Post
              i may have missed it but ar eyou hunting public of lease land with an outfitter up there kansas is on my bucket list for sure
              Outfitter

Comment

Man I wasn’t gonna say it but have you thought about a dog? I was stubborn last year and didn’t get anyone with a dog to come out even though people offered for nothing. Shot him on a Sunday evening found him Tuesday morning and had walked within 15 foot of him a few times. Buzzards led me too him. Will not think twice about it next time!

Comment

Originally posted by Tedshell View Post
                  Man I wasn’t gonna say it but have you thought about a dog? I was stubborn last year and didn’t get anyone with a dog to come out even though people offered for nothing. Shot him on a Sunday evening found him Tuesday morning and had walked within 15 foot of him a few times. Buzzards led me too him. Will not think twice about it next time!
                  From what I was told, they just legalized it over here and they do not know of anybody with a dog around these parts. I brought it up last night after no sign of blood before we trampled the area.

Comment

From what I was told, they just legalized it over here and they do not know of anybody with a dog around these parts. I brought it up last night after no sign of blood before we trampled the area.
                    Glad to hear they FINALLY legalized it. For years you could NOT utilize a dog (Legally. You could always say you were just out for a walk...).
                    Still hopeful it was a clean miss. He will be back, probably tonight. Stick to it and lay him down.. Still hate to hear this though.

Comment

Comment

Needing some updates...

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                          Needing some updates...
                          Went out yesterday evening and this morning with no luck. Just got done glassing for buzzards and nothing. Starting to think he may still be alive. Trail cam is running, so hopefully we’ll find out. Got approval to stay another day, so I’ll be back in the stand this evening and tomorrow morning. Front pushing through this evening, wind is already starting to shift.

Comment

Good luck, I will be at Oklahoma lease next sat thru tue then to Kansas lease wed thru sat for the first round. Keep us posted.

Comment

Went out yesterday evening and this morning with no luck. Just got done glassing for buzzards and nothing. Starting to think he may still be alive. Trail cam is running, so hopefully we’ll find out. Got approval to stay another day, so I’ll be back in the stand this evening and tomorrow morning. Front pushing through this evening, wind is already starting to shift.
                              Dude I'm on the edge if my seat waiting for updates! Just don't joke with me like you did yesterday evening! I about spoiled your thread and luckily edited.

Comment

Front moving in this evening will have them out and about. Be ready, this evening is going to be a Good One...

Comment

Working...
                                X