Muddy Game Cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muddy Game Cameras?

Anybody have any experience with them? I stopped buying expensive cameras because their life span and thief span seemed about the same as some of the cheaper ones. I had never heard of them until I saw them pop up at Academy. I exchanged a Moultrie that stopped working after a year and decided to give one of these a try. I haven't put it out yet. Are they decent for the money or total crap?

Muddy Game Cameras?

I have come to the conclusion that most game cameras are disposable. After a year or 2 they are usually trash.

I have a browning strike force that is 2 years old now that I caught on sale for like $79. I try not to spend more than $50-$75 on a camera.

I have a moultire I bought from Walmart for $39 3 years ago that is still working. My FIL bought the Primos camera from Walmart for $39 when they ran them on sale recently and I have one out so we shall see.

All that said if I get a year or 2 out of a camera at most I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When coons crawl over them all cameras become muddy cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
        I have come to the conclusion that most game cameras are disposable. After a year or 2 they are usually trash.

I have a browning strike force that is 2 years old now that I caught on sale for like $79. I try not to spend more than $50-$75 on a camera.

I have a moultire I bought from Walmart for $39 3 years ago that is still working. My FIL bought the Primos camera from Walmart for $39 when they ran them on sale recently and I have one out so we shall see.

Why not spend around $120 for one that last a little longer? I feel your pain though, making them last. I have hadu best luck with browning and moultrie

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
          Why not spend around $120 for one that last a little longer? I feel your pain though, making them last. I have hadu best luck with browning and moultrie

I have spent that much and it didn't last any longer, as to why I don't spend that much any longer.

I hunt 7 hours from home, so I'm a lot less pizzed to get there a a $50 camera doesn't work any longer as compared to a $150 camera.

Comment

I have spent that much and it didn't last any longer, as to why I don't spend that much any longer.

I hunt 7 hours from home, so I'm a lot less pizzed to get there a a $50 camera doesn't work any longer as compared to a $150 camera.

I understand that. Hopefully you have good luck with the browning. I have had good luck so far with the SF

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
              I understand that. Hopefully you have good luck with the browning. I have had good luck so far with the SF

Been flawless so far. I liked it so much I bought my dad one that I found on sale too.

Comment

I saw the muddy in Academy the other day and wondered the same thing. As far as life span, it's hard to beat Bushnell. I've got (4) 5 year old Trophy Cam's still working perfectly.

Comment

My two cents...
                  1) buy from places or manufactures with generous return policies.
                  2) shade your cameras and they'll all last longer.

Comment

Thats your problem. Spend $120-150 and they will last 2-3 years easy. Most of mine are still
                    running.

Browning, Moultrie, or Bushell. Nothing else for me unless a wirless Covert
                    Last edited by gingib; 09-13-2017, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I haven't used the muddy cameras yet, but I'm the same way. I hate spending over $100 on a camera and it last 6 months. I'd much rather spend $30-$50 and find out it doesn't work or last. I hunt a lot of public land so I have cameras scattered all over and need to be able to hide them from the thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        Thats your problem. Spend $120-150 and they will last 2-3 years easy. Most of mine are still
                        running.

Browning, Moultrie, or Bushell. Nothing else for me unless a wirless Covert

Spending all that money on a covert would do me zero good, when there isn't cell service to make it work.

Comment

Spending all that money on a covert would do me zero good, when there isn't cell service to make it work.

I am just saying those are the only brands I trust. And like mentioned buy from a reputable company who has a 2 year warranty. Then its guaranteed to last 2+ years and you will get ALOT better pics

Comment

I'm assuming nobody has tried this yet lol they look kinda of like brownings to me so they maybe good I would say they are worth a try !!

Comment

I have to agree that cameras are pretty much disposable, I have gone through the cheapest ones and gradually working my way up in price point. I have a lot of stealth cams and they are generally lasting two years-I have been replacing them with cuddebac and they are lasting 3 years, one thing of notable interest is last month we conducted our own test between stealth cam and cuddebac by placing them side by side in the feeder pen. The stealthcam took 400 pics and the cuddebac took 1000 pics.I saw bucks on the cuddebac that I didn't see on the stealthcam.So imagine what your missing when you have a cheaper camera on a trail situation or even a corn feeder where the deer may grab a bite and go.Just my real world experience .02cents

Comment

Working...
                              X