Need opinions on F250 6.2L...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions on F250 6.2L...

Anybody on here own a Ford F250 with the 6.2L gas engine? I'm looking at a 2016 with 12,000 miles on it. It is an extended cab and has a lift with 35's. I'm curious what the gas mileage would be, how powerful it is and what the projected lifespan might be with these engines. Any issues that I should know about? I'm used to gas drinking big v8's but wasn't sure if it would get 9mpg bad or 12-14 range on the highway with the big tires... any info would be appreciated. I may pull the trigger pretty fast on this truck because it won't last long.

No experience with ford, but my 5.7L Powerwagon on 35's got about 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've got a 2016 crew cab 4x4 gas with 13000 miles.
      10.5 in town 15 if I'm lucky on the hwy. Stock wheels and tires. Do some searching here. Good info.
      1999 to 2016 Super Duty - 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Comment

With 35's your looking at 12-15 depending on how you drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a new one 6 months ago and love it. 13 to 15 mpg, mucho powerand just hope it has a long long long life span

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
            With 35's your looking at 12-15 depending on how you drive.

Sorry Justin, but I think even 12 is a stretch with 35s AND a lift.

OP, what size is the lift? Also, I assume it is 4wd (since there isn't any other type of truck! )

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
              Sorry Justin, but I think even 12 is a stretch with 35s AND a lift.

OP, what size is the lift? Also, I assume it is 4wd (since there isn't any other type of truck! )
              Yes it's 4wd. I'm not sure if it's a 4" or 6" lift to be honest. It looks like 6" to me because there is lots of room for the 35's. Reading on the Ford forum that was recommended in an earlier post, it looks like 15mpg is tops on the highway empty. It looks like the mixed driving I would be doing would be 12-13mpg. Heck I only get 13.5-14mpg out of my 4wd Titan on 33's so I would be pleased if a 6.2L would get 13ish.

Comment

I drive a 4 door with ranch hand on the front for work. Never get over 14 mpg and by that I mean 13.8!. Stock tires and stock suspension. It has good power, not a race car but pulls decent. We run on rough arse lease roads in East Texas and get 150k easily before selling.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                  Yes it's 4wd. I'm not sure if it's a 4" or 6" lift to be honest. It looks like 6" to me because there is lots of room for the 35's. Reading on the Ford forum that was recommended in an earlier post, it looks like 15mpg is tops on the highway empty. It looks like the mixed driving I would be doing would be 12-13mpg. Heck I only get 13.5-14mpg out of my 4wd Titan on 33's so I would be pleased if a 6.2L would get 13ish.
                  I think the 15mpg is with stock tires and stock suspension. I can see you are leaning towards convincing yourself it will get 12-13.

You are talking about a 3/4 ton gasser with 35" tires and a 4-6" lift suspension here...you won't get there IMO.

Comment

Friend of mine has a 12 with the 6.2 and 35s. He averages 9.

Comment

By the way you will hate going from a 4 door truck to a extended cab truck.

My dad has a stock 3/4 ton z71 6.0 GMC and he gets 14-15 and 9-10 when towing.

My uncle has the 3/4 ford 6.2 and his fuel mileage is virtually the same as my dads and both trucks bone stock.

Unless that truck has been regeared I can't see it getting better than 12-13 and I'm being pretty liberal on my guesses.

Comment

I had a F-250 2 wheel drive with the 6.2 as a company truck. I averaged 11 in it with 285/70/17 Duratracs. Granted my truck was loaded with tools, but I would be suprised if you get 12-13 with a lifted 4x4 on 35s. On the other hand, I was suprised with the power of the 6.2. It was a huge upgrade from the 5.4.

Comment

All our gas work trucks got maybe 12 on a good day. I'd say expect 9-11

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like most are saying 12mpg on a good day with 10 being more realistic. I only drive about 14k miles a year so I can deal with that. From what I read online the reliability of these engines is good. I may go drive it and talk to them today. I'm still tossing around the idea of another half ton...specifically a Tundra, but the 4wd in my budget all seem to be 2013-2014 with 50-60k miles on them. Decisions, decisions... Thanks for the input guys

Comment

I'd pass just because of the extended cab

Comment

Working...
                              X