Trigger spring replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger spring replacement

Has anyone had good results dropped lbs off a trigger by replacing springs and adjustable trigger screw. or just buy a drop in trigger. Thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3125.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	25145906
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3126.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	25145907

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hoytbowhunter; 04-16-2018, 04:17 PM.

This works very well. http://www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm

Comment

Yes. Did it on one of my AR's.

Comment

I recommend doing the trigger set screw job because you can't screw it up and the worst case scenario is that you just don't like it but you are only out a couple bucks.

Best case is you will learn something about how the trigger in an AR works, you will gain confidence in your own abilities and probably end up with a really good trigger.

I did something similar to that set screw and am super happy with the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Much better than stock, not as good as a drop in. Definitely worth the $$

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
            I recommend doing the trigger set screw job because you can't screw it up and the worst case scenario is that you just don't like it but you are only out a couple bucks.

Best case is you will learn something about how the trigger in an AR works, you will gain confidence in your own abilities and probably end up with a really good trigger.

I did something similar to that set screw and am super happy with the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            Thanks for the great info

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro View Post
              Thank you Sir,

Comment

Thank y'all for the great info

Comment

That setup will be tons better than mil-spec, hi it doesn’t come close to a good drop in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Done it several times. Best setup per $$$. Only problem you might have is on steel case with tough primers. I haven't had any problems though.

Comment

Thanks 1shot

Comment

I put a regular set screw in one of mine. I haven’t done the springs yet but it shortened up the trigger pull really well. Like others said, not as great as a drop in but it’s dirt cheap.

Comment

I thought about that, but then I saw how many parts there were and I was afraid I'd have one left over. LOL! Therefore, I did the drop in. Bought a CMC 3.5 lb single stage on sale off of Midway. I wish I'd made the change a long time ago. It would have saved me a lot of frustration with the way my AR grouped.

Comment

Yes Sir,
                            I’ve really been looking at this one also has a drop in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I installed that same JP Spring Kit in my PSA AR-15 (6.8 SPC) rifle. Trigger pull was very nice. The only problem was "click" when you pulled the trigger, instead of "bang". I then tried replacing the stock trigger spring, and left the JP hammer spring in place with no improvement. I got lucky a few weeks ago and purchased a CMC drop-in trigger on sale ($89.99 + tax & shipping was around $96.00). Easy installation, fantastic trigger pull, but haven't had a chance to test fire it yet. Thankfully, the JP Spring kit was cheap, but I wouldn't try them again.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X