I was waiting for it...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        I was waiting for it...
        I backspaced a bunch......

Comment

Select Baseball 2018

Edit.

Hey gingib, how about you just shut the **** up? I mean really, you're wasting your time putting together all of these moronic thoughts, and no one cares that you washed socks for a Division III program for two weeks back in your 20s.
          Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-20-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Can the mods just ban him from this thread?

We just gotta ignore it ... It doesn't stop.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              6-8 years old playing and paying for select ball. How the world has changed and how the select ball has become so watered down. Why its probably a billion dollar industry. Parents will keep paying
              We are in league ball as well as select ball. We play and pay for both of those as well... But we don't have to worry about being on the board of the local league nor prepping fields, making schedules, ordering uniforms, etc etc etc.

Its obvious, that you don't agree with it, so move along Jack***.

Comment

Originally posted by downtown44 View Post
                We are in league ball as well as select ball. We play and pay for both of those as well... But we don't have to worry about being on the board of the local league nor prepping fields, making schedules, ordering uniforms, etc etc etc.

Its obvious, that you don't agree with it, so move along Jack***.

It's not so much that he doesn't agree, as much as he just lacks the mental capacity to understand…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never realized that was, "folded him like a pancake" Schpike boy...
                  Last edited by Chad C; 03-20-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

welp, we got bumped to elite sooner than we thought (thought wed get one more tourney in ..) but according to larson..some team signed up for a 22 team tourney this weekend complained..-we have theories..
                    so it looks like we're playing in 9u for this tourney.. should be interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post

“Hey guys...while we wait out the lightning delay, let’s go have a team meeting underneath this REALLY TALL METAL light pole. “.

(Not my kids team btw)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Where you guys at BLD this weekend? That photo is not our team BTW lol. We played there in the 13U division. Got 2nd Ennis Outlaws.

Comment

Play Ball!

Comment

Some of the stuff that goes on / gets complained about boggles my mind.

Seems like a lot of crazy energy being wasted.

Comment

I coach an 8U rec league team and can see why some kids and parents choose the select route.

You have kids that love the game, love getting better and want to compete. The parents are supportive and let the coach coach. These kids develop. Most will see outside instruction in the offseason and some during the season. They often practice at home.

You have kids that like to play and practice on their own some, but only during the season. Parents are mostly bought in.

THEN, you have the kids you more or less babysit. Complain at practice, don't listen, NEVER practice on their own. Show up late. Usually have to be reminded to tuck in their shirt, put their hat on straight, etc. Parents rarely buy in. Most of these parents will sit in the car during practice. Last fall I had a parent that sat at the top of the bleachers and read a book, never looking up. These kids and parents shy away from the competitive aspect of the game. This spring I have an 8yo girl on my team who has never played baseball or softball before. She didn't know which hand her glove went on, had never held a bat before and I don't think had ever thrown anything in her life. The first two games she struck out 5 of 6 at bats. These at the kids that are driving select ball and I get it. I spend good money on my kids outside instruction and I can see why other parents and kids get frustrated.

I held a contest over Spring Break with my team

$10 TCBY gift card for the kid that caught the most consecutive throws from a parent.

ALSO

$10 TCBY gift card for the kid that attempted the most catches.

Both cards went to my top 5 kids because their parents got involved. I wasn't shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                              Some of the stuff that goes on / gets complained about boggles my mind.

Seems like a lot of crazy energy being wasted.
                              We're not too worried about it.. we knew theyd be bumped .. but were signed up and prepared for this weekend.. now the open tourneys at nations are full (and we're not going to beaumont) ..so we're gonna go give the 9U kids a run for their money..

Comment

Scrimmaged our 10U team tonight... first time ever pitching to batters and the boys did great with strikeouts flyouts and a ton of ground balls against a team of boys whos lightest kid outweighs our heaviest by 40 lbs...
                                NO WALKS or hit batters.

My lil man smoked a 55-60 pitch to right field.. wasnt scared.. was fun to watch... 9u tourney should be a cool experience for these boys

Comment

Working...
                                X