$1.4 Trillion, Now We're Talking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1.4 Trillion, Now We're Talking

I decided to take a quick break from studying for next week's engineering finals, and I'm sure glad I did.

The U.S. Senate voted just before 2 a.m. ET Saturday to pass a sweeping tax overhaul worth roughly $1.4 trillion, putting the Trump White House a big step closer to its first major legislative victory – and many Americans closer to a tax cut.

close....really close

Comment

Nancy Pelosi hates it. That's enough to make me like it!!

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
        Nancy Pelosi hates it. That's enough to make me like it!!
        That lady is a nut. As if she wasn't a super lib to begin with, over the last few years, she has really just lost her marbles. She can't even put together a coherent thought.

Comment

Seems like I’ll have the same rate and less deductions. Not sure what good I would see from it

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
            over the last few years, she has really just lost her marbles. She can't even put together a coherent thought.
            Yes and still running things...lets keep it that way.

Comment

That lady is a nut. As if she wasn't a super lib to begin with, over the last few years, she has really just lost her marbles. She can't even put together a coherent thought.
              Last FEW years? Sheeeeet...

Comment

If I wrote what I really think about her, I would be sent to the icebox.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  Seems like I’ll have the same rate and less deductions. Not sure what good I would see from it
                  If you don't itemize now you'll have double the standard deduction.

Comment

Not sure this is going to help me either year to year. Outside Sales.....so, there could be a $25,000 difference or more/less that could throw me either way even after deductions. I looked up my deductions from 2016 and they were much more than the proposed $24,000 flat rate. That particular year would not have helped. Is there something else I am missing here or is this pretty well spelled out?

Comment

Whats considered middle class now? How is it going to really help the middle class?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                        Whats considered middle class now? How is it going to really help the middle class?
                        What we consider middle class is considered rich by our govt for taxation purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                          If you don't itemize now you'll have double the standard deduction.
                          Guess I missed that

I’ll still be surprised if this is any good in the long run. Seems both sides don’t really have the peoples best interest at heart. I’m sure it will help corporations plenty. The increase in revenue covering the amount of cuts provided seems like a stretch but I guess it’s possible

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                            24,000 (married standard deduction)
                            -12,700 (previous standard deduction)
                            =+11,300
                            -8100 (no longer personal deduction)
                            =+3300 (more deduction)
                            X25% (tax bracket)
                            =+$825 in your pocket

Comment

so does this take effect this upcoming filing season?

Comment

Working...
                              X