Dynamic Spine Calculator (ONLINE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    Well I can say you are right in that. I really need to measure my bows at my DL.
    I try my best to know all of the accurate specs on all of my equipment.
    It comes in handy on occasion.

Once I learn how to edit the actual programing of the data in the calculator, I will start adding items into it. That way folks won't have to do anything other than select their stuff from the drop down menus. Until then, those who don't have a selection in the menus can benefit tremendously by knowing the info/specs of their equipment, and just manually enter it.

Rick
    Last edited by RickBarbee; 10-11-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I've said it before. You don't leave much to chance.

Comment

Just makes me frustrated cause now I have to try harder cause I know you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
          Can't get it to work for me. If someone can I'd like to see what it says.

Sarrels Blueridge sr 52@ 29.5"
          Cut to center with probably 1/16" Velcro
          Gold tip trad classic 400
          78 grain insert
          125 grain point
          13 grain nock
          5" feathers (3)
          Arrow length 31.5"

I'm betting it says weak. All other calculators do. It will bust a fletched arrow's nock with a bareshaft though.
          I dug up all the info on those shafts.
          That arrow length, is it the to back of point length, or is it the overall length?
          Need the length from throat of nock to back of point.

Rick

Comment

31.5" is throat of nock to back of point.

Comment

31.5" is throat of nock to back of point.
              Here's a screen shot of your results.

A 7# offset with the arrows on the weak side.

I suspect somewhere in there is an entry, that does not reflect actuality,
              but the reality is, they work for you, so no worries.

Rick
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Rick. It's even worse than that because the insert is 78 grains.

Comment

Thanks Rick. It's even worse than that because the insert is 78 grains.
                  The full 78 grains is accounted for.
                  Look again - the footing is 60gr, and the insert is 18 for a total of 78 grains.

The reason I did it that way is because those inserts are very long, and act as an internal footing.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                    The full 78 grains is accounted for.
                    Look again - the footing is 60gr, and the insert is 18 for a total of 78 grains.

The reason I did it that way is because those inserts are very long, and act as an internal footing.

Rick
                    Gotcha. Thanks I thought it was weaker than that. Good to know.

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks I thought it was weaker than that. Good to know.
                      This was bugging me, so I finally found all of the accurate info on your shafts at Big Jim's website.

Here's why those arrows shoot so good for you.
                      Tough to beat a matchup like this.

Rick
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's awesome! Great to know my tuning came up with the calculator's results. That tool is amazing. Thanks for the research sir.

Comment

One thing I never got. And I may be thinking wrong. When I get a new bow I always work on my brace height first. I want the quietest spot. What I think of as the sweet spot. I then tune my arrows from there with grouping bareshafts with fletched ones. My question is why do all the calculators say to fine tune arrow spine by adjusting brace? I get the whole moving up and down to make the arrow act weaker or stiffer, time the arrow spends on the string. My thoughts are that I would be moving away from my optimum brace height. Sorry I'm stuck in a hot pop up blind and my wheels are turning.

Comment

Ken you are spot on I do the same. I use side plate thickness to fine tune if I need to keep a specific weight head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One thing I never got. And I may be thinking wrong. When I get a new bow I always work on my brace height first. I want the quietest spot. What I think of as the sweet spot. I then tune my arrows from there with grouping bareshafts with fletched ones. My question is why do all the calculators say to fine tune arrow spine by adjusting brace? I get the whole moving up and down to make the arrow act weaker or stiffer, time the arrow spends on the string. My thoughts are that I would be moving away from my optimum brace height. Sorry I'm stuck in a hot pop up blind and my wheels are turning.
                              I do the same.

I get my brace height where I want it, and then tune the arrow to the bow by making arrow changes, or centershot adjustment.

If
                              I have to change the brace height abn, it usually isn't much at all, and not enough to cause the bow to misbehave.

Rick

Comment

It may be my form or whatever, but if my brace creeps 1/8", I shoot like crap. I guess that goes both ways huh? My bow is tuned to a certain height and so are my arrows. I may just understand this all some day. Seriously, thanks for the time you spent Rick.

Comment

Working...
                                X