Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
    Never,
    at least i try not to, lol. Getting upset at something so trivial robs the joy out of life.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      I get quite a few deer with messed up antlers. Most of them we believe are velvet injuries. It was suggested to me that dogs might be chasing the deer. The guy who told me that suggested hog dogs, but I hunt small properties with houses in every direction so dogs in general seems plausible.

So how would a dog chaseing deer effect its horn ? It with still have to have some kind of injury to it ?
      I'm assuming these dogs don't run does or fawns only bucks in velvet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Swamphunterfw View Post
        So how would a dog chaseing deer effect its horn ? It with still have to have some kind of injury to it ?
        I'm assuming these dogs don't run does or fawns only bucks in velvet ?
        If this were the case it would be due to the actual velvet antler being damaged by running through branches, briars...ect Not from leg injuries.

At least that's where I think he was going with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
          Sent you a e mail yesterday

I didn't get an email.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
            I didn't get an email.
            ? Not sure why did not go through, sent a PM this afternoon.

Comment

? Not sure why did not go through, sent a PM this afternoon.

Don't have a PM either???

Comment

Seems like we have one or more of these every year and they always clean up the next year. Injured ped or leg is what we're told.

Comment

We have a few in the Graham area also

Comment

Seems like I am seeing more mature deer this year than others with one side messed up. Anybody else noticing this ? Looking for explanation or logical reason for this.
                    More so than ever before. First round of Trail Camera pics last week showed many mature bucks with one side different. Some are drastic and some are simply more flared. Not sure whats going on but it has me re thinking lots of things. I'll post some pics later.

Comment

That is crazy. This is the most messed up bucks I have seen in the 12 years I have had my place. A friend of mine that takes care of a handful of ranches in my area has noticed this also but all his deer are under 3 yrs old ?
                      Very disappointing, four of them so far were on hit list this year.

Comment

I like a good unique rack

Comment

I've got this one. Haven't seen him during the day yet.
                          Attached Files

Comment

this came from back leg opposite side injury. Are yall saying they will always be a freak after an injury or only the first set of antlers after injury?

Comment

Decided to take this 9 yr old out past weekend.. He was a 155" ten to years ago
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                                If this were the case it would be due to the actual velvet antler being damaged by running through branches, briars...ect Not from leg injuries.

At least that's where I think he was going with it.

Exactly

Comment

Working...
                                X