2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Glad I’m not fishing this morning, I have saw a few pictures of the harbor and matagorda is a madhouse this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It really wasn't that bad. Not any worse than a regular summertime saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
      Well, how was the fishin'?? Let's have a report man!!

Comment

It was nuts out of POC, even with the heavy wind. Woke up Saturday and looked out at the bay from fish camp, said NOPE and went back to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh W View Post
          Looks like POC is on fire

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
            If today would just hurry that would be great. I fly out to the keys tomorrow to chase some tarpon around until Sunday.
            That’s a bucket list trip for me! I’m sure everyone will be waiting for the pics

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              It was nuts out of POC, even with the heavy wind. Woke up Saturday and looked out at the bay from fish camp, said NOPE and went back to bed.

Good call. It was rough!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                Good call. It was rough!

Yea it was pretty bad and with the tide so high it made it tough. Did better on Saturday then Sunday when there was no wind. Go figure.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiechick View Post
                  Yea it was pretty bad and with the tide so high it made it tough. Did better on Saturday then Sunday when there was no wind. Go figure.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Weird. We did better on Sunday. We were at jetties right when tide switched and like magic we got 2 hits in a row after nothing all morning. Lost 1 which broke off my 50 lb mono and caught the one nice red.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Well, how was the fishin'?? Let's have a report man!!
                    It was a decent weekend. Very windy friday and sat. Sunday was pretty nice. Trout were good drifting with a few scattered reds. A couple of my buddies hit one big school of reds in open water and got 10 or 12 per boat before they got busted up. Quite a few solid trout caught. We had a handful of 4-6# trout and I had a customer lose one that would have been probably 7# or a little more. Good quality fish. Sunday was nice and we had a really strong feed in the morning for a couple hours. Good weekend. Lots of happy people.

Comment

Originally posted by BowedUp8 View Post
                      Looks like POC is on fire
                      It’s been really good as of late!

Comment

It was a decent weekend. Very windy friday and sat. Sunday was pretty nice. Trout were good drifting with a few scattered reds. A couple of my buddies hit one big school of reds in open water and got 10 or 12 per boat before they got busted up. Quite a few solid trout caught. We had a handful of 4-6# trout and I had a customer lose one that would have been probably 7# or a little more. Good quality fish. Sunday was nice and we had a really strong feed in the morning for a couple hours. Good weekend. Lots of happy people.
                        WOW! I'd say it was indeed a VERY DECENT weekend!! Love chasing those pods of reds. When they're doing that, they're usually hungry and feeding and will hit about anything that is put in front of them!! I'd be thrilled to be in 4-6# trout with a 7 thrown in from time to time too!! Sounds like a very good trip! Congratulations!
                        Y'all using hardware or bait?

Comment

Drifting with live shrimp under popping corks.

A couple of my buddies were fishing in various tournaments saturday and some of them were artificial only. They caught fish but struggled. I had groups all weekend who pretty much had to have live bait and popping corks. Sunday you could have done it on tails and been fine. It wasn't a group I could fish along with so I didn't get to try a worm. Too many tangled lines and lots of help needed all morning.

Sat we were in a little private tournament and had the 3rd place stringer. We had a 6# trout and a couple 7# reds. The stringer was 4 trout and 2 reds with only 1 trout over 25" allowed. The rest of our trout were just average 16-18" hammer handles. My group tired out early and I couldn't keep them fired up long enough to find some bigger upgrades. We still won a little money and some new Waterloo rods and Lews reels.

Comment

I admire you guys who can take folks out like that and baby sit them into catching fish... That is NOT one of my gifts!! Kudos to you sir!

Comment

Found this old magazine at the car wash near 99/1093, some of you youngsters probably never even heard of this magazine. 4Q1983 issue.

And even better is an add for my old place of work, this issue was out about 4 years before I worked here.

Good memories.

Comment

Man, that Harold Wells GCF was the Gospel for saltwater fishin'... everbody got their tide information from it...

Comment

Working...
                                X