Shoulder mount turnaround time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
    Y’all must be using the same one I’m using ....that I’ll never use again. Used to be in trinity but is now in Huntsville.
    Unfortunately this is the treatment you can expect from this fellow..

Comment

Dropped of mine at the beginning of November 2018 and i got back at the end of January 2019. Less than three months. I guess I was lucky

Comment

I can’t believe some of y’all wait 18-24 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never had one take more than 10 months and my guy is super busy.

Comment

I’ve never had one take over a year

Comment

My guy takes about 6-9 nine months and I am happy to wait would gladly wait 18 months for the quality of work I get.

From a conversation I had with my taxidermist his biggest client complaint is the guys that call constantly to see if there mounts done, then when it is it takes them a couple of months
              To come up with the cash to come pick it up.

This is the reason why my taxi quit taking on new customers unless they are Referred

Comment

I have a turkey and a javelina at a shop in cypress since October 2017! , I feel your pain! My new taxi is John Guidry in sealy, he does great work and been good on times

Comment

Never worried about the time as long as it was quality work and how I wanted it mounted. Never bothered them either about when it would be finished. Just the way I am. Never been disappointed except for 1 mount and it just happened to be the quickest turnaround of any of the 50+ mounts I have. Mounted a good bow kill whitetail on a pronghorn form. Not happy but it is what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                    Mounted a good bow kill whitetail on a pronghorn form. Not happy but it is what it is!
                    Oh man....you gotta post a pic!

Comment

[ATTACH]957387[/ATTACH]

Not sure if this is an Pronghorn form, but I have never seen a whitetail with a form like this. It is the whitetail in the top right hand corner of the pics to the upper right of the closed mount javi!. The legs or beginning of the legs is what makes me think it is a pronghorn form. Others have said the same thing, but not sure, and the neck is about as big around as a baseball! Chance if you think this is a whitetail form please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by cstephenson44
                        Who would y’all recommend within 2hrs of Houston? I think I’ll be looking for a new one
                        Texantax does a dang good job, located in Tomball. He said about a yr, I got it in 10 months.

Comment

I am glad I keep the horns of my deer till the taxi calls me to come drop em off

Comment

Been using Double Nickle for years now. Always been a 6-8 month turn around and this last time I dropped an axis off they said it’ll be a little longer due to the good whitetail season they had and I’m totally fine with that. I’ve been loyal, they’ve been super and the customer service is seriously the best I’ve ever had. Every mount is perfect and has lasted through the years. Never have they ever made me wait longer than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              I've never waited 12 months and if I had to then I'd find a new taxidermist. I'm just a contractor, but I turn down work all the time because I can't perform it in the time described, why should anyone wait because someone performing a service takes on more work than he can actually perform. I once got an elk back in 4 months because I begged and pleaded....we were having a Christmas party and I wanted it hanging over the fireplace before that party. 6-9 months has been the norm for me, whether it was deer, bear, turkey, fowl or varmint.

I'll qualify that people like Chance Love, who do this on the side and his clients know this, are an exception. If you use someone that does it on the side then you accept the possibility that his primary job and his family will come before your mount. But someone doing it as a career should better manage their workload.

I use Jerry Huffaker in Abilene, have for a long time as has my father. He’s normally 12-14 months. He’s also a world renowned taxidermist. I guess some of us don’t mind waiting a year. But he is also up front with this time frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use double nickel as well everything about them is great. Timing, price, quality and customer service highly recommend them

Comment

Working...
                                X