Shoulder mount turnaround time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder mount turnaround time

I took 2 bucks to my taxidermist the first week of November 2017. I was originally told it would be done before the 2018 hunting season and then it got pushed to first of year and now it’s the middle of May and I still don’t have them. It’s been a year and a half now, am i being impatient or am i right to start to become aggravated?

What’s the usual turn around time y’all have experienced?

6-9 months.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Anywhere from 6 months to a year .

Comment

Never had one take more than 10 months ......and our guy stays super busy

Comment

I dropped mine off the exact same time 2017. My taxidermist said 6-9 months as well. I texted him January of 2019, he had told me he hasn't even ordered my form. Said once he got it in, it wouldn't take no time to put it together. This is 4 months later and still have not heard anything from him. I am getting impatient.

Comment

Originally posted by cstephenson44 View Post
            I took 2 bucks to my taxidermist the first week of November 2017. I was originally told it would be done before the 2018 hunting season and then it got pushed to first of year and now it’s the middle of May and I still don’t have them. It’s been a year and a half now, am i being impatient or am i right to start to become aggravated?

What’s the usual turn around time y’all have experienced?
            Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
            I dropped mine off the exact same time 2017. My taxidermist said 6-9 months as well. I texted him January of 2019, he had told me he hasn't even ordered my form. Said once he got it in, it wouldn't take no time to put it together. This is 4 months later and still have not heard anything from him. I am getting impatient.
            Y’all must be using the same one I’m using ....that I’ll never use again. Used to be in trinity but is now in Huntsville.

Comment

I tell everyone 10-12 months. Sometimes longer, but hopefully sooner. It's a side gig for me though, as real estate and family life come first. I wouldn't get bent outta shape on 18 months though.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                Y’all must be using the same one I’m using ....that I’ll never use again. Used to be in trinity but is now in Huntsville.
                Lol, it sounds the same. But, unfortunately they are different ones in different areas. Understand things happen and people have family. I just like to be informed, especially with a new taxidermist I am using.

Comment

If you were told it would be done before the start of the 2018 season then of course you should be raising hell. I know many take up to a year. Most are done sooner. Some take even longer. The fact you were told a time changed everything IMO

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                    Yep sounds like we are. In all honesty i wouldn’t have been mad if he had told me it would have taken a year and a half from the beginning. He does good work but to keep pushing the date back is what bothers me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                      I tell everyone 10-12 months. Sometimes longer, but hopefully sooner. It's a side gig for me though, as real estate and family life come first. I wouldn't get bent outta shape on 18 months though.
                      If the taxidermist is up front about it taking around 18 months that would be fine. If not then 18 months is ridiculous imo.

Comment

Go get your deer!

Comment

I average 24 months here but am happy with my mounts.

Comment

12-14 months

Comment

I always get mine back late summer

Comment

Working...
                              X