Easiest way to behead a deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easiest way to behead a deer?

Well season is coming up and I am usually the one that ends up cleaning the game. The only bottleneck is usually have is actually beheading the deer. What is the easiest way you guys have found to do it? If I go the reciprocating saw route what blade should I buy? Huge loppers?

Big loppers always work best for me. Cape down to base of head, circular cut around neck and lop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Knife, cut to the joint and twist off.

Comment

I've always used a bow saw.

Comment

Bone saw

Comment

Depends where I’m at, if I’m down at our butcher area I just use a hacksaw or reciprocating saw with a metal blade cause it’s easier to get started and doesn’t make quite as a mess as a wood blade. If I’m away from there and didn’t bring either of the saw I just use my skinning knife, just a little extra work and couple more min.

Comment

I usually grab whatever is handy. Knife, saw or loppers all work.

Comment

Under the jaw, cut just in front of the hardened part of the esophagus up to the 1st joint, just in front of it. The cut right behind the ears down to between the skull and 1st joint. Twist a bit, and continue to cut between the skull and 1st joint. It'll come right off. You need a sharp knife.

Comment

Reciprocating saw with the fine teeth. 5 seconds and your done

Comment

Loppers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                      Reciprocating saw with the fine teeth. 5 seconds and your done
                      Do you cut the skin first?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                        Yup, skin it out to the base of the neck. A sharp knife and a twist will do it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                          Nope, cut through hair and all

Comment

I'm yet to come across any part of a deer I can't disassemble with my carbon steel moore maker. After you've skinned and cleaned the animal, cut in-between the vertebrae and it'll slide right off.

Comment

This!
                              Originally posted by duckboy007 View Post
                              I'm yet to come across any part of a deer I can't disassemble with my carbon steel moore maker. After you've skinned and cleaned the animal, cut in-between the vertebrae and it'll slide right off.

Comment

Working...
                              X