Bergara B-14 rifles??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergara B-14 rifles??

Anybody here on the GS have one or spent time behind one and have a review or decent input on them? From what I have read and seen in videos they seem to be a pretty stinking good factory rifle.

Something else I am curious about is how much a long action stock weighs? Like just take out the barreled action and check weight the stock with bottom metal.

Comment

Got one on the way!! In for the comments

Comment

I wouldn’t own one, especially if it was in a gay caliber like 6.5CM.

Hi Matt. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Hi Matt. [emoji16]

Comment

Know some guys on another forum that have one and are happy with them. One of those is a guy that buys a lot of rifles, tries them out and keeps the ones he likes and sells the rest. So far he has kept his Bregara. Let me know if you want the link. Not sure about linking that forum here in the open forum.

Comment

Hi Matt. [emoji16]

No you'd rather shoot that old shiny lever gun

Comment

Hi Matt. [emoji16]

lol

Comment

I have handled a few in the process of deciding on ordering one. I kept searching for a wood stocked gun to lay my hands on. Handled several synthetic verdions. Actions and triggers felt good. I rolled the dice and order a woodsman in 7 Rem mag yesterday myself, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Went and handled a few coopers and just couldn't make myself pull the trigger.
                    B

Comment

Shot one my customer brought to the ranch this weekend in 6.5. Only a sight in job and shot a cou0le of javi’s in the head at 100. No c9mplaints, but still don’t know what it can really do yet.

Comment

I have shot two B-14s, one 6.5 and one in .308. Both handled and shot well. The rifles grouped very good with factory ammo at the price point.

I do own a Bergara LRP Elite and you can certainly tell where the cost savings comes from when handling and shooting both. Those same observations apply to the others as well Savage, Ruger etc.

The stock on the lower priced Bergaras feel ok, but you will notice they do not feed as smooth from the mag and the actions are not in the same class. Again, kind of the same drawbacks I have noticed with most in the price range. The trigger was ok but I would give both the savage and the Ruger the nod for trigger in that market.

You cannot go wrong with the B-14 as long as you are not expecting it to be of way better quality than the others in the same price range.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Comment

I forgot to add both of the 14s were the HMR flavor.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a hunter the other day that bought one and I thought it was a custom built rifle. After he told me what he paid for it I want one. It was extremely solid and nice. I just wish it had more than 2 calibers to choose from

Comment

FIL bought one in .308 thanksgiving and put some nice glass on it. Shot real well I just didn’t much mind the look and short barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X