Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 870 TAC 14

Who has one? I cant wait to get me one!

They are legal! What are your thoughts on them?

Click image for larger version

Name:	870 TAC-14 Beauty Shot with shadow.png
Views:	2
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	25148569

In my honest opinion pistol grip shotguns are junk. Anything you can't aim is pretty useless. They look cool....That's pretty much it.

I don't own one by the way. Just going by experiences shooting pistol grip shotguns other people had. They're pretty much all the same.
    Last edited by okrattler; 06-12-2018, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Looking at one for a house gun, but have not shot one. I’m looking at the Mossberge one.

Comment

CC Plus here in Conroe had a couple last week.

Comment

there was one with a brace stock in the classifieds. Id like one for work if it was allowed

Comment

This is NOT a pistol grip shotgun. If you make this one, is becomes a SBS. Stamp needed.
            Overall length has it fall within the minimum size for a shotgun according to ATF.
            Take the gun for what it is. Your not doing any sniping with it.
            The 20ga model I would think be easier to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              In my honest opinion pistol grip shotguns are junk. Anything you can't aim is pretty useless. They look cool....That's pretty much it.

I don't own one by the way. Just going by experiences shooting pistol grip shotguns other people had. They're pretty much all the same.
              These are for point blank / or close quarters, no need to aim.

Think of it from the receiving end, you want to be in a typical residential hall and have someone walk into the other end and shoot at you with one of these or a pistol?

Comment

Pretty much a novelty, but a lot of guns are. Guns are fun. If you want one, buy one.

Comment

I've got a 20ga and a 12ga. Going to put the wrist brace on the 12ga, it was too much recoil for. I can shoot the 20ga a lot better.

Comment

Handled the Mossberg Shockwave

A friend brought over his newly purchased Mossberg Shockwave (14 inch barreled 12g) last night. Handles nice, but I haven't shot it yet. I would prefer the 20g version.

I have fired several pistol grip shotguns and several shotguns cut down to 18 inch barrels. All of those wind up banging back into the middle finger that is wrapped around the grip behind the trigger guard (same experience for my son). Sometimes it has resulted in actually bruising that finger from just a few shots.

The only advantage to the shockwave or tac-14 that I can see, is that these are not true pistol grip shotguns (as they would be a SBS and require a stamp). The possible shooting advantage, is that hopefully shooters will not get their other fingers bruised and banged up with the rear grip being in-line with the receiver, much like the shape and design of a buttstock on a standard shotgun.

Do I have a need for something like this? I have some guns that I have purchased as a "need", and several as a want, or fun purchase. I see one of these shotguns as the latter.

Comment

Shooting and showing the new Mossberg Shockwave, a non NFA firearm with a 14" barrel. ------------------------ Hickok45 videos are filmed on my own private s...

This old timer is pretty accurate with a shockwave. I got a marine grade one, to leave in the truck. Ran a box of shells through it and was surprised on how pretty accurate it was shooting from the hip. Even got a jackrabbit from the drivers seat at about 25 yards. Would like to run some of the shorty shells through it. I expect to be able to sell it for what I paid for it down the road if I decide to go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        These are for point blank / or close quarters, no need to aim.

Think of it from the receiving end, you want to be in a typical residential hall and have someone walk into the other end and shoot at you with one of these or a pistol?
                        Neither. For me shooting back I'd rather have a shotgun but it seems like shooting from the hip I tend to "short stroke" the action sometimes. Even with shotguns with a stock on them and rapid firing from the hip. I'd like to see one of these in a semi automatic. I can see where maybe a pistol would be my choice over the Shockwave or Remington Tac14. Just for the simple fact I could shoot fast and not have to worry as much about hitting walls instead of the target or getting the gun jammed. Useless might not have been the correct term to use. It's less than comfortable for me personally to shoot a pistol grip shotgun or even an AR pistol. But in a self defense type scenario any gun is better than no gun.

Comment

I have carried and shot just about every kind of law enforcement/defense shotgun made. Carried a pistol grip/12 in bbled 870 for years. I personally find that the regular butt stock is a much better option with the short barrels. The last years I worked I carried an FBI 870, 12 1/2 bbl and full butt stock. Very carryable and accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                            Who has one? I cant wait to get me one!

They are legal! What are your thoughts on them?

I'm guessing your last name is Foxtrot. Was this thread too stale for you to feel like posting in?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              Pretty much a novelty, but a lot of guns are. Guns are fun. If you want one, buy one.
                              You can always put it on a swivel-ball mount on your box blind and use it like a boarding cannon for hunting in South TX.

hboy35 is right, the trigger guard on the 12ga is pretty hard on the middle finger. What about having the barrel ported?
                              Last edited by Thumper; 06-12-2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X