No announcement yet.

Rating the Hard Coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never really understood why the Igloo sportsman series hasn't been more hyped here. They are a Texas based company (Katy, TX), the coolers are actually made here in Texas and they are MUCH more reasonably priced than other roto-molded coolers. They have both traditional heavy duty handles and molded in handles, large drain plugs, high quality latches and high quality hinges. You can go to most Sams Clubs and get the 55 for $199. I have one and it really is a good deal on a great cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by cz52man View Post
      I've never really understood why the Igloo sportsman series hasn't been more hyped here. They are a Texas based company (Katy, TX), the coolers are actually made here in Texas and they are MUCH more reasonably priced than other roto-molded coolers. They have both traditional heavy duty handles and molded in handles, large drain plugs, high quality latches and high quality hinges. You can go to most Sams Clubs and get the 55 for $199. I have one and it really is a good deal on a great cooler.
      I totally think igloo missed a huge marketing opportunity
      They had the tiger by the tail and fumbled the opportunity to dominate the market

Comment

My Sams stopped selling them. They sell their brand now instead.

Comment

I've got one of their 75ish quart models.
          It does what I need it to and so far stays in the bed of my truck without walking off because I left the Igloo stickers on it- no craigslist resale I guess- fine by me .

Comment

I won’t buy anything from pelican. I have a grizzly and love it. 100% USA made.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
              I won’t buy anything from pelican. e.
              Curious as to why not???

They are high quality, hold ice like crazy, support both sportsman and law enforcement, and are 100% made in the USA.
              Just curious as to why you won’t buy anything from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                Curious as to why not???

They are high quality, hold ice like crazy, support both sportsman and law enforcement, and are 100% made in the USA.
                Just curious as to why you won’t buy anything from them.
                I own one and I think my grizzly is better. I also don’t like they don’t put drain plugs in their smaller coolers.

Comment

I own one and I think my grizzly is better. I also don’t like they don’t put drain plugs in their smaller coolers.
                  Cool....thanks...

Comment

I do like that I can hook up a water hose to drain my 95qt pelican to keep bloody water from draining throughout the truck bed , but it is tall and narrow which makes it top heavy if not full and extremely difficult to retrieve anything when in the truck " I am 5"8 "
                    So I use my 75 brute for most of my daily needs
                    I have a 200 deep blue from my boat and it is just way to big to mess with except as a stationary fish box for offshore

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                      Ozark Trail hands down. You wont be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      Shocked to see some reviews saying theirs are stamped made in the USA. Would never have believed that. Going to Walmart today so maybe will check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                        Shocked to see some reviews saying theirs are stamped made in the USA. Would never have believed that. Going to Walmart today so maybe will check them out.
                        I just checked out the Walmart website $180 for a 74qt and $138 for a 54qt , not bad prices
                        $68 for a 150qt Colman max cool ( I always liked my Colman before I got brute)
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-28-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I want all of you with 20 year old igloos who love that cheap ice, to pack 4 days worth of food and drinks for 7 people, and carry it all out to the middle of New Mexico when it gets up over 80 degrees. Oh, more ice is an hour drive.

I don't care how close ice is, when I go to the woods...I want to stay in the woods. I work in town, and I don't want to have to go to town when I'm supposed to be in the woods. I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand.

This. I don’t see how anyone can own an igloo cooler “for 20 years” and it not be falling apart.

Aside from the cheap plastic hinges that screw into the paper thin plastic on the cooler [emoji57]the plastic has separated from the little bit of foam that is in them on every single one I own. It’s held together by more duct tape and bailing wire than anything. It’s less than 5 years old and it’s one of the Coleman extreme sportsman models that supposedly holds ice for 5 days in 90° weather. It doesn’t and never has.

My 75 quart Brute (now Bison) is still in great shape after much more use and abuse and actually holds ice for 5-7 days depending on weather and frequency of opening the lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            I want all of you with 20 year old igloos who love that cheap ice, to pack 4 days worth of food and drinks for 7 people, and carry it all out to the middle of New Mexico when it gets up over 80 degrees. Oh, more ice is an hour drive.

I don't care how close ice is, when I go to the woods...I want to stay in the woods. I work in town, and I don't want to have to go to town when I'm supposed to be in the woods. I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand.
                            Amen

Just my 4 day javi hunt, with ice 15 miles away would eat up an hour a trip before I bought good coolers. 5 day out of state hunt is almost an hour one way. I hate leaving the place I’m hunting. Once I’m in the gate I’m not leaving till I’m done

Comment

I love my Bison coolers!

Comment

The old styrofoam for $5 gets it done

Comment

Working...
                                X