Any Anvil Experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Anvil Experts?

Had this given to me just curious if anyone knows what type/brand? Markings are hard to see. Has a “7” on one side. Not much to go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that’s awesome if someone just gave it to you. Go get yourself a forge and get to hammering

Comment

That's a great gift, I'd think it was my birthday if someone gave me that. Always had access to anvils at places I worked but don't own one myself. Very cool. No help on how old it is or who made it.

Comment

Mom has anvil that looks similar to that. It belong to my Great Great grandfather. Its Well over 100 yrs old.

Comment

How big is it? Could it be 7 lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
            How big is it? Could it be 7 lbs?
            not a chance

Comment

Blacksmithing, locksmithing, repousse and general metalworking on-line reference for blacksmiths and metal artists. Daily tips, Comics, Chat, Plans, On-line Store and more. Questions answered daily.

Click on ask the Guru see what they think.

Comment

There is a guy that advertises old school iron working tools on craigslist in Austin, his name is Andrew Alexander 972.824.0041. He could probably help you as good as anybody....
                Last edited by MASTERS; 03-14-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Andrew could help you out, has more experience than most of us. That style has a steel plate welded on a cast or wrought body. Commonly made by Fisher, Vulcan, and a few others. 7 could be 70 pounds, or 7 stoneweight, or something else altogether.

Comment

I will take it.

Comment

I think that's the Price. I'll give you $10 if you load it for me.

Comment

Actually gave me two. This one and a matching one a size smaller. I’ll get better pics of both when I get home this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                          Andrew could help you out, has more experience than most of us. That style has a steel plate welded on a cast or wrought body. Commonly made by Fisher, Vulcan, and a few others. 7 could be 70 pounds, or 7 stoneweight, or something else altogether.
                          The smaller one has a 5 on it so you may be right on the numbers.

Comment

It looks like an older style Peter Wright and looks like it has been abused.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                              It looks like an older style Peter Wright and looks like it has been abused.
                              Wait! What, you can abuse an anvil?

Comment

Working...
                              X