Binoculars fogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binoculars fogging

What do you guys do to keep your binoculars from fogging on those cold mornings when glassing. Seems like every time I get them close to my face they fog up. And I can never keep them clear.

i try to exhale through my mouth because its the air from my nose that does it. I've tried all the anti fogging sprays, spit, and whatever else i could find. no luck other than a redirect

Comment

It just seems to be the heat off my forehead that I have the most problem with.

Comment

Spit in the eye cups, rub the lens with your finger, then dry it out.

That will stop the fogging, or at least help it a ton!

Comment

When I raced jet skiis, I used to use Rain X. I assume it would work for binoculars.

Comment

Put a clothespin on your nose.

Might try keeping 'em in an unheated area (truck/ATV) the night before the hunt so they won't have to adapt to temp change.

Comment

Take a bar of soap and rub it on the lenses and then buff it with a soft rag.

Comment

A good pair of binoculars won't give you fogging problems. To really get rid of the fog try a new set. Nikon and Leupold come to mind, the Nikon's are usually fairly affordable. I have the Old Nikons Sporters that I have had for over 6 years and they have given me no problems. They don't make that model anymore but there are others. Talk with people to see what they think. Also, go to the Cabelas website and read reviews. Hope this helps, have a good one.

Comment

I have some stuff called scope dope. Works ok. Not failproof, but better than when I used nothing.

Comment

I have a pair of Nikons and I have fogging problems too. Even the heat from my eyes or forehead fog them up. I tried the RainX stuff but it's just so hard to polish it off to where it doesn't streak. It didn't seem to help all that much anyway. I used to see some people around gun shows, state fair etc selling some stuff to put on glasses to keep them from fogging. They'd even hold the glasses over a steamer to prove it worked but haven't seen the stuff sold anywhere lately.

Trailboss

Comment

Same topic came up on another board today about rifle scopes.

Cat Crap was highly reccomended, for real.

Comment

Okay - I'll just have to deal with the fog. I ain't puttin' nothing with cat crap on it that close to my face!

Trailboss

Comment

a friend uses rubbing alcohol

Comment

Originally posted by M1jhartman View Post
                            A good pair of binoculars won't give you fogging problems. To really get rid of the fog try a new set. Nikon and Leupold come to mind, the Nikon's are usually fairly affordable. I have the Old Nikons Sporters that I have had for over 6 years and they have given me no problems. They don't make that model anymore but there are others. Talk with people to see what they think. Also, go to the Cabelas website and read reviews. Hope this helps, have a good one.
                            This ain't cheap glass I'm using.

And I'm with TB, IU ain't puttin cat crap that close to my face.

Comment

Most optometrist that have a good eye glasses selection has some stuff you can rub on your bino's. I never thought about Rain X but I bet that would work. May give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                              X