Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never found one myself but good luck

Comment

Hey Coogfan...as you probably already know, they are releasing water from Lake Conroe so the river is WAY up. I don't see it going down anytime soon with more rain in the forecast starting today and into tomorrow.

Comment

Hey guy's you can use some of my scuba gear. Whats a little water. LOL

Comment

I found this one back in January...can't wait to get back out and look some more. I really want to start scouring a new area soon also.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftridge View Post
            Yes, well every chance I get..I just moved back from Colorado so I have not hunted here in 6 years..But, I have been hunting for Kay Co. flint stuff like in that top frame about twice a year near Ponca City, OK for alot of years now.. I prefer OK,KS,NE material over all that South Texas stuff I have...

Where are you hunting in E. Texas? Did those wa****as come from E TX?
            Yes the wa****as come from E.Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
              How do you find these things? We have a place where "The Battle of the West Nueces" took place on, but the entire ranch is covered in Rocks. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for any artifacts, especially arrowheads.
              look for burnt rock and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by mikep453 View Post
                Where do you guys usually go look? I'm assuming river bottoms where the gravel and sand wash together. I've only found one arrowhead in my life and that was at my aunt/uncles farm. I think this is a really cool hobby. Everytime these threads come up I just look at the pics in awe, lol.
                The best luck I've had finding arrowheads was down in Webb County walking the arroyos and finding a bend in the arroyo where the gravel has built up on one side when it flooded. You could sit in one of these piles and slowly pick through it and very often find good points. It's a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

This is a great thread and I really enjoy the pictures. It always fascinated me when I found the good arrowhead and admired it....the thought I often had was that that object was last touched by another human hundreds or even thousands of years ago and has been just laying around all this time.
                Kind of eerie.....

Comment

A guy from work invited me to find arrowheads with him a few weeks ago. He uses a front-end loader to put dirt onto a screen. We then sift the dirt through the screen. Next Saturday we're going to hunt hogs at first light & then hunt arrowheads afterward. I only found 2 arrowheads last time, one of which was missing the point. We do this in the Milano area which is about an hour and a half north & a little east of Austin.

Comment

I found them right on the Montell creek.. Where exactly are you from Montell?

Originally posted by holdem View Post
                    That's where I live, suppose I need to spend less time lookin for Black Panthers and more time huntin arrowheads.

Comment

How ironic, for me to see this thread, we buried my uncle on my dad side yesterday and he was the one who introduced me to hunting heads. Most of our hunting took place at Lake Somerville with some around Milam Co. farms. He had an awesome collection me I just have a few.
                      Bloodhound, were at in Milano? I have a family place 6 miles south on 36 do a little Deer hunting on, not many hogs.
                      Last edited by Firecuss; 02-22-2008, 06:45 AM.

Comment

I went to The River today with the family to do a little bit of exploring. I ran into a guy that found a very nice marshal point. We looked around for a few hours and I finally came across a point with on ear missing. This was all we found but well worth the effort. We had a good time just exploring the river. Here are a couple of pics of the point I found.

Last edited by Johnny; 10-20-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

All of these are very impressive. I have only found two but I happened to be standing right next to one and the other I ran over with my Mule. I glued it back together with superglue and it is good as new. I will post the pics once I download them.

Comment

Nice find Johnny. That's cool so close to home.

Comment

arrowheads

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1844.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	23829054

When I found these arrowheads I have to admit that I was not looking for them. On both occasions I had driven in to a hunting location and parked my Mule. I was on the cell phone when I found the complete one. I had ran over it and it broke in half. The one that is sheared off was next to the tire where I had parked. I just happened to llok down and there it was. I feel fortunate just to have found these two.

Comment

found 2 today!!
                                put em right back where i found em too.

Comment

Working...
                                X