Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
    X2.
    Dang... sounds like I missed a good one!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cbc0905 View Post
      Dang... sounds like I missed a good one!

It was good..........long, but good!!!!

Ask your dad if he likes using his mulligan on a 5! 🤣🤣

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

Haven't heard that story yet! Was it with his longbow?

Comment

Bisch

There was a little miscommunication between TBOT and the Club. The club always sets up the yellow stakes as the trad stake, white as the kids and the blue as the Bowhunter class stakes (there’s a club shoot tomorrow, so it was set up for both).

TBOT set the blue stakes as the regular trad stakes rather than the yellow and had the yellow as the ladies stake.

That made the course about 5-10 yards longer per target than the set up guys intended.

We just need to have a little better communication between the club and TBOT next time. I’m just a regular old vanilla member, but I’ll try to be more involved with the coordination and setup next time and maybe that’ll help.

It was still a great time. I just hope the beginners weren’t put off by the distances because of shooting from the wrong stakes! We like it to be fun and it’s not a lot of fun spending your day looking for arrows!

Anyway, I want to thank everyone for coming out. It was great to get to meet some of you in person!

Comment

It’s all good Maddog! The probable reason it was done that way is that there needs to be 3 stakes for the TBoT format. If they would have used the yellow for men’s, then there would have had to be one more stake added to have the correct stakes for our shoot.

Bisch

Comment

It’s all good Maddog! The probable reason it was done that way is that there needs to be 3 stakes for the TBoT format. If they would have used the yellow for men’s, then there would have had to be one more stake added to have the correct stakes for our shoot.

Bisch

Ahhh. That's what you mean by long. I thought you meant like a lot of walking. I was thinking wait til Austin. I just shot 3 rounds in one day and barely made it through the last round.

Comment

Bisch

I can say with almost 100% certainty that the guys setting it up didn’t know that. There’s only one other guy in the club that’s even held a recurve (well, I let a other guy borrow my Buffalo for this shoot and I think he’s hooked now). I need to go to a few shoots in other places and see how they do it (and how we can do it better [emoji12]) so I can be a better resource!

Comment

No worries, it was a great shoot, thanks Glenn and helpers an the Fredericksburg Archery Club. Good time had by all.

Comment

Scores are posted on the tbot website, congratulations to those who placed on a tough course ! Thanks again to all who worked hard to put it together. It was also good orienteering practice, lol!

Comment

Working...
                    X