No announcement yet.

Coon Trap by "BOSS BUCK"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are these so different then the old leg traps? I remember with those things if you didn't get there in the morning fairly early, the coons would chew their foot off to get out.

Comment

I picked up two of those at Ultramatic last week and set them Saturday afternoon. Had one coon caught and the other the bait was pulled but didn't go off. I used the large marshmallows for bait, think I may try something a little stickier next time. I'm pleased so far.

Comment

The difference is that these traps can be set out and you don't have to worry about a deer stepping on it. I plan on setting 5 or 6 per feeder and try to hit them hard for a few nights, then move them. Same theory as using our live traps. Set them all in a pen for a coupld nights then move them. Knock the numbers down quickly and before they get wise.

I had always heard that coons will chew off their leg to get out of a trap. I guess if they do, the trap did its work because then the coon can't climb into the feeder and dig out the feed. I have one climbing my pole feeder and digging feed from my Straight Shooter. He had the flapper jammed so that it wasn't feeding. I'd love to knock him off the pole with a .17, but it's in the wee hours of the morning. I figure to get him when I get these leg hold traps.

Comment

How much are the Boss Buck ones??????

Comment

awesome coon trap

Comment

Caught with their hands in the cookie jar

Comment

saw them on tv on management advanatage I think it was. They used large marshmellows and caught them all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                  How much are the Boss Buck ones??????
                  they were a little cheaper than the Grizz Traps. It was 5 traps for I think 105.00. The Grizz I think were about 115.00 for 5.

Comment

where can you get these at?

Comment

here you go. they are 19.95 each. they send them fedex and you get them quick.

Boss Buck offers a complete line of gravity, protein and automatic, handing & tripod deer feeders, deer stands, deer blinds and deer feeder parts and accessories.

Comment

I got a 1/2 dozen of these traps online for $72.95. from www.kaatzbros.com
                        Just checked and they are now showing $70.95 per 1/2 dozen or $11.95 each. These are Duke Trapmaster Dogproof Traps.

Comment

Thanks... i just got a couple off the Kaatzbros website, cant wait to use it on a few coons... i tried to get some on the BossBuck sight but the checkout button would not work for me, oh well... Thanks again.

Comment

I had two of the Duke traps and 12 of the little grizz. I have found the Dukes got robbed more often so I sold them.

Comment

thanks for the info, i just ordered some and will put them to use in a couple of weeks when i head down to the ranch to do some work.

Comment

So the coon in the last picture got his hand stuck in one trap and then reached over and tried to get the marshmellow out of the other trap and got that one stuck too? I think you need to let that one go so he can breed his genetics into the rest of them. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X