• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progressing nicely!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      The book I built my house from had EVERYTHING in it. Foundation, framing, different styles of roofing, electrical, plumbing, septic, decking, basement, so on and so on. It was very detailed how to. I want to say it was called something along the lines of Complete Contractors Kit. I have googled and can't seem to find it. My FIL who gave it to me says it was a college course book.

I'm always up for a challenge and projects like this are very satisfying when completed!

Still looking for this book
      You remember the tbhr that borrowed it?

Comment

My wife and I are building this house our self pier and beam except for the attached garage. Had the well pit in then we started our work 39 piers. To much rock ti do by hand had to use a machine. Today we set rebar for the garage we will pour Tuesday.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

Coming a long nice!

Comment

Loving this. Good work and thanks for continuing to take us along.

Comment

Well not as productive of a wknd as planned. Materials arrived late Saturday. Finished ceiling joist and added some extra support. Didn't work on any of it today! Heat was terrible but should have a roof on it by this time next wknd! Hopefully dried in!

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                I can't remember. I know he posted on some past threads. I need to research and see if I can find him.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  Found it in an old thread from 2015!!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for CARPENTRY and BLDG CONSTRUCTION Ser.: Carpentry and Building Construction by John L. Feirer and Mark D. Feirer (2003, Hardcover, Student edition) at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

just ordered one off amazon.... thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                        They have a couple editions. Based off just the one I had I wouldn't hesitate having the others. They are expensive new but very cheap used. Detailed pics and description how to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                          Seven bux on flea bay
                          Thanks man!!!!

I want to go 20x32 because I don't think I'll have many folks over but 40x40 would be great for the "just in case" times

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            They have a couple editions. Based off just the one I had I wouldn't hesitate having the others. They are expensive new but very cheap used. Detailed pics and description how to.
                            I got your same exact edition for $7 instead of the latest and greatest for $135
                            Its a college textbook so I know that game

Besides, I don't think buildings methods change (that much) in such short period of time

Comment

Not to hijack but instead of wooden posts like you used here I'm going to go with concrete blocks like the guy did in the other thread.

Also my neighbor had his house moved and sat on concrete blocks like this so if it ever sags he just jacks it up and inserts splints

Comment

bought one of those books for my library - 9 bucks - sweet.

Comment

Working...
                                X