24 volt trolling motor wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUNTING_COACH View Post
    This is what I have found for circuit breakers. Will this work?

We specialize in bow mount trolling motors for serious fishermen with medium to larger sized boats. Enjoy free shipping on all motors.

Also, what type of wire would be best to connectthe two batteries to each other? Should I cut some of the 8 gauge wire that I have, and make the connection with said wire, or do I need to buy a jumper specific type of wire?

Ok, so basically, the Anderson is just a plug/receptacle for the trolling motor. I would just plug in the wires from the trolling motor to the Anderson receptacle, just as I would one of these:

Thanks.
    That breaker is fine.
    That plug is commonly used but fails often. The Anderson contacts are crimped or soldered on.
    You can use a piece of the wire you have for a jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTING_COACH View Post
      This is what I have found for circuit breakers. Will this work?

We specialize in bow mount trolling motors for serious fishermen with medium to larger sized boats. Enjoy free shipping on all motors.

Also, what type of wire would be best to connectthe two batteries to each other? Should I cut some of the 8 gauge wire that I have, and make the connection with said wire, or do I need to buy a jumper specific type of wire?

Ok, so basically, the Anderson is just a plug/receptacle for the trolling motor. I would just plug in the wires from the trolling motor to the Anderson receptacle, just as I would one of these:

Thanks.
      Yes and yes.

By the way OBG is absolutely right. The Marinco is only rated for 30amps. If you are gonna run that 80lb thrust motor at full power for a long time, it will fry the connector by pulling more than 50amps through it. The Anderson SB50 is a heavier duty less expensive choice. The Battery Tender Plug is the Cadillac one. I'll switch my Marinco out, to an SB50 or a BT if I burn it up.

Comment

Working...
      X