How would you bait a mountain lion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you bait a mountain lion?

A mountain lion has been spotted near where I hunt deer. How would I go about trying to bait it and what would I use for bait?

Stake out a young goat/lamb in the middle of a large clearing.. Build a brush blind on either of the cross wind edges of the clearing... Try your best not to disturb the natural settings... Maintain good scent control, and sit and wait and wait and wait.... Take a cordless spotlight and someone to hold it while you shoot. A red lense is reccommended.. It will be a matter of how much patience and discipline you have... Good Luck!!

Comment

Artistic beat me to it!

Comment

Chickens!!! They cackle something fierce and the white ones have plenty of flash. Cats LOVE 'em.

Comment

Someone you don't really like that much!!!! Honestly I would use a large chicken like previously stated

Comment

shoot about 10 cows and pile them up that should get every cat within 100 miles or so. or chickens will work fine. but you need to see if you are at least seeing cat signs at all because they have a home range of about 70 miles so it's possible you might see them.

Comment

Carefully

Comment

Why in the heck do you want to bait a Mountain Lion, have you seen what they do to their prey? Growing up in Cali I've seen to many of them and heard the stories of the attacking people. Good Luck though, I hope you are going to use a gun.

Comment

Ex-wife?
                  Jeff Young

Comment

The gutsack and hide/head from a wild pig. I've disposed of pig hides and gut sacks in the woods after cleaning them figuring the coyotes would nibble them to nothing, and had multiple reports a week later that "all of a sudden we saw a cougar on the property".

If you just want to get rid of it, soak the gutsack in a bucket of antifreeze and put it where you're sure no livestock or dogs can get to the pile. Out here it's called "green koolaid" by ranchers who have cougars killing livestock. The cat dies of glyoxalate poisoning from crystals forming in the kidneys, I believe.

Comment

Get Lucky

Comment

Bill.... um I'm pretty sure that would be illegal here in TX and many other states. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but poisoning predators is generally against the rules for many reasons.

Comment

we have used chickens for coyotes before, we you do not hear them anymore, it too late.
                          Chris Kiefner

Comment

Or give me a call and I will kill it for you, well I doubt if I would even see one but still.
                            Chris Kiefner

Comment

I want to see pictures where these ideas worked before

Comment

Working...
                              X