Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Val Verde/Terrell County hunters be aware...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Val Verde/Terrell County hunters be aware...

I just got a call from one of my friends on the same lease with me. They had a confrontation with some illegals this past weekend (Sunday). High school kid on the lease went to the top of the hill near camp to rattle. He spotted 4 guys with backpacks, all the same color, in the creek bottom headed towards the camp. They stopped, two guys went to the water trough (which is out in the brush), while the other two got out a map. When the other two got back they talked then disappeared in the brush.

The kid thought they were gone so he came down off the hill, got in his four wheeler and headed for camp. Out of the brush they stepped, right in front of the 4 wheeler. The kid was scared to death, pulled his pistol and trained it on them. One spoke English and said don't call immigration, we are leaving and moved towards the kid. The kid said, "I'm going this way, you're going that way". Had to say it twice. The english speaking one said, "why are you so nervous?" Kid says,"cuz that other guy looks real mad". English speaker turns to mad guy and says something in Spanish. Mad guy starts grinning. They finally turned and walked away.

No doubt in my mind these were drug mules. Same style, color backpacks, map, knew where the water trough was, only male. This is obviously familiar territory for mules to travel. Usually the illegals are traveling light. Hopefully this interaction will make them detour around us for awhile.

They hit the camp below us a couple years ago. Man there with his daughter and they were the only ones in camp. One kept trying to get in his backpack, but the hunter kept his EDC trained on him and wouldn't let him open the pack.

Just be careful when you're there.

Where was this at? I hunt about 12 miles out of comstock.

Comment

Which side of 90? We are north of 90 and have never seen drug mules, only illegals. We were told
      the drug mules stayed south of 90, by GW and BP. We always carry out there

Comment

I'm north of hwy 90 out of comstock on the pandale road. We've had a lot of them crossing lately.

Comment

North of 90 and west of FM 349. I've seen the mules well north of Bracketville before.

Comment

Working...
          X