Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CSF45 View Post
    I was wondering about that too, that is the only lake I've seen that rule on. I have no idea why they would have it.
    I'm not sure but I did see a couple guys with wardens last year that were hunting off the bank. The guy behind me in line left when he heard the rule yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
      Half the ppl with duck permits don't duck hunt. Warden said after they started stalking hunters not 6ft in the water off the shore and giving out tickets, the word spread fast.

Not sure why that rule is. Can someone explain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My guess is to reduce the number of natural brush blinds that are left up. By the end of the season, there's a pile of sticks every 100 yards.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
        If that is the case, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Guess I'm glad I have a boat to use but I hate hunting out of it.
        I hit my quota for good ideas for the day before that post so it will have to do, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
          I hit my quota for good ideas for the day before that post so it will have to do, lol.
          Lol in terms of USACE, it makes perfect sense lol gonna call the ranger and ask him a few questions later today. Wonder if they'll cite me for hunting out of my but but anchored next to shore.....bit technically floating in like 2 inches of water? Haha

Disclaimer: Anything I post could be a joke and may not factual at all. Translation is at your own discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
            Lol in terms of USACE, it makes perfect sense lol gonna call the ranger and ask him a few questions later today. Wonder if they'll cite me for hunting out of my but but anchored next to shore.....bit technically floating in like 2 inches of water? Haha

Disclaimer: Anything I post could be a joke and may not factual at all. Translation is at your own discretion.
            Oh I'm sure they would

Comment

Well, if the lake level stays up, you'll be deep into the woods before hitting the shore line anyway. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Well, if the lake level stays up, you'll be deep into the woods before hitting the shore line anyway. Just a thought.
                Make sure you're not trespassing. It's awfully hard to remember where the property lines are at when you're scuba diving.

Comment

went and got my lottery number today, #326.
                  I was amazed that out of the 250 drawn last year, 190 of them did not submit a survey and were therefore not eligible this year.

Comment

Name wasn't on the list so I have deer lottery #345. General permits are going faster than I thought. I got #512.

Comment

Saw a turkey on my way to work this evening

Comment

My dad was at the office yesterday and said one of the rangers counted how many people didn't turn in their survey's from this past season, and it was the most they have ever seen. 190 out of 250 didn't get turned in. So almost 200 less people in the drawing this year! Guess we will have better odds.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                          went and got my lottery number today, #326.
                          I was amazed that out of the 250 drawn last year, 190 of them did not submit a survey and were therefore not eligible this year.
                          probably because they didn't go hunting due to high water, then forgot to turn it in on time. i sent mine in, but my hunting partner did not.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                            My dad was at the office yesterday and said one of the rangers counted how many people didn't turn in their survey's from this past season, and it was the most they have ever seen. 190 out of 250 didn't get turned in. So almost 200 less people in the drawing this year! Guess we will have better odds.
                            Well, by those numbers there were only 200 hunters last year. 100 of the originally drawn didn't pick up their original permit..... so only 50 more were drawn.

This means that myself and two boys were 3 out of the ten turned in. So, there were only seven other hunters or a lot of people too lazy to fill out a form??

Comment

Originally posted by Txcatsailor01 View Post
                              Well, by those numbers there were only 200 hunters last year. 100 of the originally drawn didn't pick up their original permit..... so only 50 more were drawn.

This means that myself and two boys were 3 out of the ten turned in. So, there were only seven other hunters or a lot of people too lazy to fill out a form??
                              If that's the case, me my buddy and my dad were 3 of the 7 others

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody know if the waters have subsided on the east side?

Comment

Working...
                                X