Ranking deer hunting states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranking deer hunting states

I watched a show last night that ranked the top ten states for deer hunting. Lets hear your opinions. I'll post the shows results a little later, just to see what you guys think.

Texas was #1 I'm sure...

Comment

I am sure some of the key midwest states (Kansas, Illinois, Iowa, Etc...) were in there as well as Texas, I am curious as to what measure's they were using... States with most B&C deer taken within the last few years???

Comment

I would have to say the top 4 would consist of Iowa, Kansas, Illinois and Texas, just not sure what order...

Comment

Deer density, number of hunters, and annual revenue were three of the criteria, I believe…

I think the amount of public land was also in the equation.
          Last edited by Chad C; 10-08-2009, 03:06 PM.

Comment

For B&C I would say Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin and South west Texas produce the most. I was very surprised the other day when I read Louisiana ranked # 3 as for as opportunity to kill a trophydeer on public land. I think it was in field and stream.

Comment

Don't forget Pennsylvania. I believe they have the highest number hunters that go into the field annually.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                For B&C I would say Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin and South west Texas produce the most. I was very surprised the other day when I read Louisiana ranked # 3 as for as opportunity to kill a trophydeer on public land. I think it was in field and stream.
                I could believe that. It is hard to kill on public lands when there are no public lands compared to the number of hunters. Texas has so little public land compared to the number of hunters and size of the state.

Comment

I'll say this, Texas has the Highest deer population, and the highest amount of hunters annually.

Comment

#10... Iowa

Comment

Come on tell us its almost 5

Comment

#9... Oklahoma

Comment

Montana might be a sleeper state. They have mule deer and WT.

Comment

#8.....Michigan
                            #7....Montana
                            #6....Wyoming
                            #5....Colorado
                            #4....Kansas
                            #3....Saskatchawan/Alberta
                            #2....Illinois
                            #1... THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS, with a population of 4 million deer, and3.9 million hunters annually... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I can't believe Wisconsin is not in there, that is a sleeper state that doesn't get much publicity!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X