No announcement yet.

Fleas in yard!!!!????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We used to do the all organic program in the yard until several years ago...........

I walked out into the yard one day and on the way in I thought I had some how gotten my socks dirty.........only to look down and see them covered with fleas !!!

I HATE FLEAS......!!!

Like the poster above I called "Broken Arrow" and had massive ordnance dropped on my pod. All the fleas on the property died in a holocaust of chemicals!!!

Tbar

Comment

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
      permethrin for flees
      As long as you don't have cats...

I did 55% Malathion today on the yard and outside of the house.

Comment

Beneficial nematodes...no fleas, grubs and they are all natural.
        I put these out every year and have yet to have a flea or grub problem.
        You can get them at any "reputable nursery" not home depot or lowes.

Comment

Diatomiceous earth I didnt think you could use pool grade earth for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by dwactx View Post
            Beneficial nematodes...no fleas, grubs and they are all natural.
            I put these out every year and have yet to have a flea or grub problem.
            You can get them at any "reputable nursery" not home depot or lowes.
            Wow....I also have yet to get rid of grubs, never thought of them as a problem. Come tomorrow they are all gonna die!!!

Comment

For those asking about where to get this stuff.... go to a large feed store, ranch supply store type place.
              If you have a farmers co-op near by they can hook you up with whatever you need.

Comment

I have good lick with the melathion as well. No bugs. period.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                  As long as you don't have cats...

I did 55% Malathion today on the yard and outside of the house.
                  What's up with that? Nieghbor lady has 2 cats and I don't want to kill them (only because she is old and loves her cats)

Comment

Originally posted by bass_lander View Post
                    spray demon, then spray again for the next flea hatch and they'll be gone.
                    I use this bug guy and he sprays every year.

Comment

If you have fleas you might want to break down and call in the professionals. They have the good stuff and as others have said, you have to treat a second time after the eggs hatch. Fleas are haaaaaard to get rid of completely unless you do it right. Call in the big boys (exterminators) and knock them out. It is worth the money.

Comment

When ever our dog gets fleas I spray the yard with nematodes. They usually last 3-4 years. Funny thing is I can just over spray into the neighbors yard and take out his flea problem too.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                          If you have fleas you might want to break down and call in the professionals. They have the good stuff and as others have said, you have to treat a second time after the eggs hatch. Fleas are haaaaaard to get rid of completely unless you do it right. Call in the big boys (exterminators) and knock them out. It is worth the money.
                          The wife said she is calling Orkin on Monday

Comment

Save yourself a lot of money and get some Malathion and a 2 gallon sprayer and do it yourself!! You'll save a ton over calling someone out and kill all them critters. I get the 55% at my feed-store and mix 3 oz. per gallon. Put the dogs up until dry and they're good. Spray yard, house, eves and overhangs.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                              Save yourself a lot of money and get some Malathion and a 2 gallon sprayer and do it yourself!! You'll save a ton over calling someone out and kill all them critters. I get the 55% at my feed-store and mix 3 oz. per gallon. Put the dogs up until dry and they're good. Spray yard, house, eves and overhangs.
                              Yes, that will save money, Orkin is expensive. Gonna give what you said a try.....thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Boarwhisperer View Post
                                Yes, that will save money, Orkin is expensive. Gonna give what you said a try.....thanks
                                My 2 dogs live outside and don't have any fleas...
                                I can buy a 2 gallon sprayer and a bottle of the 55% Malathion for a lot less than an exterminator.

Comment

Working...
                                X