Road armor bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road armor bumpers

I ordered a road armor bumper on August 12 for my 2008 Chevy 2500hd. At the time I ordered they said 2-3 week delivery time. After 3 weeks went by, I started calling and emailing, and got no confirmation on what the holdup was or when I would get it. I stuck it out, kept calling them, and decided to keep waiting instead of canceling. I finally got my bumper yesterday October 7. Nearly 2 months later.
    I uncrated the bumper when it was delivered and it looked awesome. Not a scratch or blemish to be found. It also came with a box of mounting hardware. Today, I began the install in my driveway. I removed my factory bumper and then went to mount the new road armor. It was at this time that I realized that I had two different mounting brackets. One was correct, the other completely different and didn't even fit over my frame rails.
    I called their customer service number (4:30 pm) after I saw that their business hours were until 6. I was told that there was no one there to help me because the warehouse was closed for the day and to take pics of the problem and email them to the tech dept. what awesome customer service!

I emailed the pics and they will be getting a call from me at 8:01 tomorrow morning and better be willing to overnight me the new bracket or I may just have to drive their bumper back up and deliver through their front window!

Sorry for the rant but I'm pretty frustrated!

When they get it figured out for you don't forget to take pics.

Comment

That's frustrating! I've had that problem before on my NFAB steps and something else. It's deffinantly aggrevating good luck! Those are sharp bumpers

Comment

Here are the pics of the brackets and how my poor baby looks now....
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381274570.851038.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	24253005
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381274582.222491.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	24253006

Comment

Road armor bumpers

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
          Here are the pics of the brackets and how my poor baby looks now....[ATTACH]558199[/ATTACH][ATTACH]558200[/ATTACH]
          I understand your frustration as those are a pretty penny. Top gun customs used to have a 40% off road armor bumper sale every once in a blue moon but I still never pulled the trigger on them.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
            Here are the pics of the brackets and how my poor baby looks now....[ATTACH]558199[/ATTACH][ATTACH]558200[/ATTACH]
            Yup...not going to make that work. Usually it's reversed with me, I get in a hurry and screw something up on my dime.

Hope they don't make you wait too long.

Comment

i love those bumpers.

Comment

Man. I feel your pain. If it took 2 months to get the bumper, I wonder how long it'll take to get that bracket? Will be following. Post picks when complete. Good luck to you.

Comment

Hate to say it, but RA and also their customer service has been in the hot seat for the past 7-8 years. If Jim (guy who used to own it, then started Alien Patrol) still ran the place, you'd probably still be waiting on your bumper with no correspondence from them.

Hope they fix their mistake, but this happens a lot with that company.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepntx View Post
                    Hate to say it, but RA and also their customer service has been in the hot seat for the past 7-8 years. If Jim (guy who used to own it, then started Alien Patrol) still ran the place, you'd probably still be waiting on your bumper with no correspondence from them.

Hope they fix their mistake, but this happens a lot with that company.
                    Wow! You are correct! I was looking at alien patrol also a few years ago and glad I wasn't suckered in!

Comment

Man that stinks. Hope it gets worked out. I'd weld it on instead of bolting it. Better safe than sorry. That's what I've always done with my Ranch Hands.

Comment

Yep, those are sure different, sounds like my luck. Happened to me on my extra brush guard for my Ranger, company sent me the wrong thing TWICE. Finally got it right.

Comment

They will definitely be getting a piece of my mind in the morning. I will try to work my way up the chain until I get what I want.

Comment

Update: been trying to contact them for the last hour. Only person I can get on the phone is their sales dept (go figure). I'm pretty disgusted right now. I've left them at least a dozen emails and voice mails total.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                              Man that stinks. Hope it gets worked out. I'd weld it on instead of bolting it. Better safe than sorry. That's what I've always done with my Ranch Hands.
                              Not a bad idea but I still need the mounting bracket.

Comment

Working...
                              X