No announcement yet.

Lease Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion he's gone. Even if he buys the land owner another elk, that seems like a pretty easy rule to follow; don't shoot the elk. There is no mistaking an elk for anything. If you said it was a certain 10 pt, I could see some "maybe" making a mistake. But an elk? To allow his guest to shoot the elk (he should have said it is 100% off limits) is disrespectful. In my opinion he needs to kicked off to show the landowner your group will not tolerate rule breaking.

Comment

This is why guest hunting is pure bs. Let these leeches get a job, put in the hard work like you do, spend their own d... money, and get their own d... lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
        This is why guest hunting is pure bs. Let these leeches get a job, put in the hard work like you do, spend their own d... money, and get their own d... lease.
        My friends are not leeches.......their friends
        I'm 99.9% certain no one would ask someone to come hunt on their lease that is not a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
          Conversation probably went like this: You can shoot anything but the big 10 or 12 pointer...guy counts and sees the deer (or elk), since he's never hunted before, has 14 points and blasts away thinking he just set the record!!!!

If he doesn’t know the difference between a deer and an elk he never should been hunting by himself anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If the landowner isn’t involved yet, they should be. Shooting a nubbin buck thinking it’s a doe is one thing. Shooting a animal that was off limits sound like a fast way off a cool sounding lease. Guest that shot the elk should reimburse the landowner of fit, member who brought the guest should be off the lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              My friends are not leeches.......their friends
              I'm 99.9% certain no one would ask someone to come hunt on their lease that is not a friend.
              Deer hunting has been the cause of, and led to the end of many friendships, over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post

So that means when your wife or kids want to hunt they need to get off their *** and pay for their own spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                  Deer hunting has been the cause of, and led to the end of many friendships, over the years.
                  Yeah I know and have commented.on that many times. But guest are not leeches. Or their not friends. A guest shooting an off limits animal says a lot about the leasee

Comment

I'm waiting for the other side of this story... You know it's coming sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
                      We only had 3 on camera. There is talk of him paying for another one. My opinion is he needs to go. This was the easiest hunting rule to follow (don’t shoot the elk) and he screwed it up.

Needs to be fined and terminated. It's not as if he mistook the elk for something else! It was intentional. His guest, his responsibility.
                      We had a guest by himself shoot a big 9 that was on the no shoot this year. Looks like next year guest must hunt in stand with member.

Comment

Oh my.

Comment

Telling the member to get off is a no brainer and should be the least of his worries. Restitution should be paid. LO and GW needs to be involved immediately to see that restitution is paid.

If the only penalty was getting kicked off the lease for shooting a 7x7 Elk that's not a bad deal.

Comment

Make him pay and give him the boot!

Comment

Lease Issue

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Telling the member to get off is a no brainer and should be the least of his worries. Restitution should be paid. LO and GW needs to be involved immediately to see that restitution is paid.

If the only penalty was getting kicked off the lease for shooting a 7x7 Elk that's not a bad deal.

On a high fence ranch where they are bought and placed there sure.

Restitution paid to a landowner on a free range low fence elk that prob escaped an exotic ranch and is probably just passing through/ roaming anyway? Nope

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                I'm waiting for the other side of this story... You know it's coming sooner or later.
                                It was “hypothetical” so just make up the other side of the story.

I will start it was Christian that shot after dark and a 271” elk.

Comment

Working...
                                X