Night time hog hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    Can't hunt them under light during regular deer hunting season.
    Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    I was told this a few weeks ago that during deer season you couldn't hunt hogs under a hog light. I just looked at tpwd site but Can't find anything that says you can't. Been wrong before but that was a long time ago.
    Who told you, I hope it wasn't a Game Warden. Another misconception is you can't hunt deer while you have a light mounted to your gun or bow. This is also not true. You just can't use the light when deer hunting but you can have it mounted to your weapon. Now with that said, if you are dealing with a dead deer after dark and you have a light mounted on your weapon and a game warden shows up, you better be prepared for a lot of hard questioning.

My bow light stays on my bow all year and I've talked to a few game wardens about this and they all basically said the same thing, yes it's legal to have a bow light on my bow while deer hunting but be prepared for a lot of questions if it's after dark and you have a deer down or injured.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      Wow. Why do you always have to insult people?
      I am referring to the person who he got the info from. Not this man himself.

Anyone who spreads such blatantly obvious false info is a rookie in my eyes

Comment

Does anyone screw a light into their stabilizer on their bow to shine the hogs? If so what do you all use?

Comment

Working...
        X