No announcement yet.

Ceramic window tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys! Lots of good info! I’m looking to do all windows and windshield. I’m waiting on quotes now. I was guessing the 400-600 range. I have been wondering if it would pass inspection with the windshield being tinted looking for 80 or 90%. I’m in the DFW area (frisco) looking if anyone has had work done. I did see one GP shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shortya View Post
      I did ceramic on my F250. Did windshield too. Absolutely LOVE it!! Makes a huge difference on internal temp. Think I paid around $400 for all 4 doors, back and windshield??

Grand Prairie Audio/Tint.

Did they do good work? Can we get a photo or two?

Comment

I did ceramic on my F250. Did windshield too. Absolutely LOVE it!! Makes a huge difference on internal temp. Think I paid around $400 for all 4 doors, back and windshield??

What brand tint did they use? I’m in the market and thinking of using 3M, but it’s pretty pricey.

Comment

The dealer tinted my windows but they’re not super dark by any means. Thinking doing the windshield would make a huge difference. Anybody had just the windshield done?

Comment

I have it on all my cars even front windshield. I even had my east and west windows done on my house. I can't even describe what a difference it made on the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Dad View Post
              Thanks guys! Lots of good info! I’m looking to do all windows and windshield. I’m waiting on quotes now. I was guessing the 400-600 range. I have been wondering if it would pass inspection with the windshield being tinted looking for 80 or 90%. I’m in the DFW area (frisco) looking if anyone has had work done. I did see one GP shop.

Texas is 70% front window max. If you don't go too dark on your side windows, the front will never look tinted.

Comment

It used to be a big deal to get ceramic tint, not so much anymore now that it is so common. Get ceramic for sure. Theres really not any reason to not go with ceramic.

Comment

There is a substantial difference in the ceramic. I just did my 2014 F 250 and it's incredible. Wish i would have done it when i bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Texas is 70% front window max. If you don't go too dark on your side windows, the front will never look tinted.
                    unless the ceramic is rated different I don't think you can have ANY color tint on the front. And it was 30% on the front driver and passenger anything behind that didn't matter.

Comment

For those doing the windshield, how do you change the license sticker without a razor?

Comment

Call gp auto and tent and it’s going to be 600 out the door. One day turn around with the windshield and all windows as dark as the law will allow. Llumar film on all windows and clear Air80 for the windshield

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          For those doing the windshield, how do you change the license sticker without a razor?

Stick the sticker to your shirt a few time to pick up some lint and stick it on. No razor needed to remove and it will still last all year.

Comment

My wife bought a new Ford Expedition and she had the ceramic tent put on all the windows. It does the trick. As soon as I have time I’m going to get my F350 done as well. Worth the money

Comment

Originally posted by Dad View Post
                              Call gp auto and tent and it’s going to be 600 out the door. One day turn around with the windshield and all windows as dark as the law will allow. Llumar film on all windows and clear Air80 for the windshield

That doesn’t seem to expensive if it’s as good as everyone says. Been wanting to get my windows tinted and for $600 if it blocks the heat it’s worth it

Comment

This sounds about right. I want to say I was quoted 390$ for those windows and then another 125 for the sun roof.

I can decided whether it’s worth doing the sun roof or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X