2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    here is one for now. i will write some of them up soon.
    Congrats to the young man!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      here is one for now. i will write some of them up soon.

Awesome! Congrats to the young man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Checked cams this afternoon and found this LATE fawn. Yes, the date is correct

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Ha that’s pretty neat!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

It happens. We had twins in 16 that still had spots after Christmas.

Comment

Well now that doe seasons done for all intents and purposes my season is over at our AnCo place. The action was fast and furious but it’s truly mind-blowing, and a bit sad, to think about how fast it came and went.

I’m gonna hit the 4-0 mark tomorrow so the next couple of weekends will be parties we’re having but after that it’s back to the lease and chasing the big boys there.

Comment

Yeah now that doe season is closed, my corn is piling up underneath the feeder it’ll be hard for me to even want to drive up there Thursday evening.. Odd season for me to say the least

Comment

Well I took my grandsons out this evening, but that north wind is not good for our set behind the house and it was raining pretty much the whole evening... we didn't see anything, but still enjoyed out time. We did watch a few squirrels work over the corn under the feeder pretty good. My grandson practiced aiming at the squirrels and birds that were under the feeder... All part of teaching them about the great outdoors... good times! Thank you Lord!

Comment

Had a couple out over the weekend.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I need to get better at pictures

Comment

Anyone had luck in the past years on seeing more movement of bucks in daylight this time of year..? A buddy of mine thats on the lease with me has a lot of action at his spot which is maybe 500-700 yards away and mine being very slow.. No difference on feed. Only difference is hes on the skirts of the woods and fresh clear cut..

Comment

To me it's a lot about how many deer you have. And hunting pressure.

Comment

I am beyond ready for these acorns to be gone and the leaves to fall off the trees. I always see far more deer in East Tx late in the season when they are hitting corn hard

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                              I am beyond ready for these acorns to be gone and the leaves to fall off the trees. I always see far more deer in East Tx late in the season when they are hitting corn hard

I'm thinking/hoping its because of the acorns as well. I'm in more of a bottom with more of acorns than he does on his side of the lease..

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
                                I'm thinking/hoping its because of the acorns as well. I'm in more of a bottom with more of acorns than he does on his side of the lease..

From Bow Opener until about the 25th of October I was seeing 3-7 deer per hunt. From then on until now I’m averaging 0-3 deer per hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X