No announcement yet.

2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing in west Wise so far. I see way more deer when it’s 60° than 30°.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      Nothing in west Wise so far. I see way more deer when it’s 60° than 30°.
      My dad said he got a decent buck. I haven’t seen anything and my corn from last night is still out.

Neighbors sound like they’re in a war and have been shooting not stop all morning

Edit: got a young 6pt in feeding right now so at least I’ve seen something and now know that my heater doesn’t bother them
      Last edited by hooligan; 11-10-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        My dad said he got a decent buck. I haven’t seen anything and my corn from last night is still out.

Neighbors sound like they’re in a war and have been shooting not stop all morning

Edit: got a young 6pt in feeding right now so at least I’ve seen something and now know that my heater doesn’t bother them
        I’ve heard one shot. Still nothing. Son is hunting a feeder and I’m hunting hand corn. It wasn’t touched.

Comment

I had a 3.5 year old 8. He sorta chased a doe, basically off the corn and went back to eating.

It’s weird, I haven’t seen anything since early and haven’t heard any shots.

Comment

I don’t think the shots i heard were at deer it was 8-10 shot volleys and multiple times so either they’re just out shooting or they got into some pigs

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
              I hunted Sat-Tues. SLOW. Worse start we've ever had out there. Glad to see its not just our place, makes me think that other factors involved other than our place went bad lol. Too much green stuff I think. Did have a fair amount of night activity on cam. Saw more bucks than does but only 4 different bucks.
              I will definitely second all the green factoring in. My first few sits were slow last week in Crowell too, but as the weather got colder and a front blew in they were all over the corn. I also thought my feeder not working for a while before I got down there played a big role in not having much hit my corn, but I think you foard county boys should really start seeing some early rut action and see lots of deer movement. My father-in-law (soon to be) just went up this morning. If he reports anything specific to me I will let y’all know!

Tef, where about in foard are you?

Comment

Baylor county, young bucks pushing does, but they are just not ready and want nothing to do with the bucks. Hocks still lightly colored. Seen a couple of big boys off in the distance feeding on all that rain induced green. It's still looking like thanksgiving before it blows up. Never know though.

Comment

Got out at 9:30. Son saw a coyote but that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    Got out at 9:30. Son saw a coyote but that was it.
                    Other than the young 6 I didn’t have anything. Normally this stand is pretty covered with does so not sure where they all went today. Bummer since this is gonna be my only trip of the year

Comment

Other than the young 6 I didn’t have anything. Normally this stand is pretty covered with does so not sure where they all went today. Bummer since this is gonna be my only trip of the year
                      Same with the Feeder my son hunted. Does and pigs almost every day. Cold shocked their system.

Comment

I don’t think the shots i heard were at deer it was 8-10 shot volleys and multiple times so either they’re just out shooting or they got into some pigs
                        They were blasting ducks, geese or sand hills south of us pretty good.
                        Saw all trash this morning spike, 3, 4 ,5 ,7 ,9 point and no doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                          They were blasting ducks, geese or sand hills south of us pretty good.
                          Saw all trash this morning spike, 3, 4 ,5 ,7 ,9 point and no doe.
                          That would make sense with as much shooting as I heard. I could hear geese but our small pond that always holds ducks was empty when I checked it. I forgot it was the beginning of duck season

Comment

Lots of young ones chasing this weekend. Not many mature deer sightings. We have not seen very many doe either in person or on cameras.
                            I have been wanting to keep a deer count for a few years now and never have. I know that we will see the same deer several times. But with all the deer its hard to remember all of them so I am going to count them all. I stayed the night to hunt this morning but it was raining pretty good, 25 mph north wind and 37 degrees so I just came home and went to work.
                            So far: Hunts 15
                            Different stands 9
                            Total Deer 102
                            Bucks 76
                            Doe 26
                            Hogs 15
                            Javelina's 18
                            Last edited by Abcdj; 11-12-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

My son got this buck last weekend in Baylor County. Nice tall 10 with a pretty cool curly cue point coming off one of the bases. Mid 150's rough score. We have been seeing pretty good rut activity the last couple of weeks.

[ATTACH]933969[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]933970[/ATTACH]
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by skime View Post
                                My son got this buck last weekend in Baylor County. Nice tall 10 with a pretty cool curly cue point coming off one of the bases. Mid 150's rough score. We have been seeing pretty good rut activity the last couple of weeks.

[ATTACH]933969[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]933970[/ATTACH]
                                Great buck

Comment

Working...
                                X