looking for Knapping rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for Knapping rock

Wife and I are in Bulverde for about 3 weeks. Would like to gather around two 5 gallon buckets of knapping rock to take home. Been to the Pederales and the Guadalupe rivers in the past. Any other areas I can look. Any help is appreciated and thanks.

Appreciate a little help on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
      Appreciate a little help on this.
      What type of rock do you need

Comment

Not sure what types are down here. I picked up rock off the Pedernales in the past so that type would be good. I would go back to Frederickburg but the spots that I know are pretty picked over and it is hard to get permission from land owners on the river to gather a bucket. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Saddlehorse View Post
          What type of rock do you need

Flint or chert.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Either rock would be good Bisch. I know Georgetown is good rock as is Pedernales.

Comment

Was on a lease in Coke county
              That had flint every where. Some good sizes chunks to. He'll on the ATV tires.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

DRT: Texas has a lot of knapping rock. I know most is on private property and can understand property owners don't want strangers wondering around looking for it. There is a lot of knappable rock at landscape companies but that stuff is pretty tough to work. I eye ball rock around restaurants but my wife won't me pick any up, lol.

Comment

Try Keller material in San Antonio they normally have the large landscape flint rock

Comment

TTT for some info

Comment

I’ve yet to find a rock good for knapping and I’ve slept on the ground many a time!

Comment

Still looking for some help. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Could you post a pic of what you are looking for? I could probably pick some up for you and ship it to you if it's small stuff you are wanting.

Comment

BToutdoors. I really appreciate that offer but that's OK. A knapper knows what rock to pick up and what rock to leave. Again, thanks..

Comment

Working...
                              X