No announcement yet.

Boudain stuffed backstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wanting to try this recipe and finally found some boudain in the store, so I'm going to give this one a try. After all the comments I expect this to be one of my favorites. I'm going to be adding pepperjack and cream cheese to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by badshot View Post
      I've been wanting to try this recipe and finally found some boudain in the store, so I'm going to give this one a try. After all the comments I expect this to be one of my favorites. I'm going to be adding pepperjack and cream cheese to mine.
      well, did ya ever try it?

Comment

sounds alright ill will try after i get some backstrap in the freezer

Comment

I tried this the other day but I over cooked it. I had the pit on about 250ish and cooked for 3 hours. I think 1.5 - 2 hours and it would be perfect.

The flavor was great even though it was overcooked. Thanks for a great recipe.

Comment

I had seen this recipe a while back but didn't have any whole straps at the time so yesterday I finally got to cook it up. I thawed the straps Saturday and marinated them overnight with some Dale's and seasoned with some Barnacle Dust. Then yesterday I layed the pepperjack, 2 slices of Maple flavored bacon and the Boudin inside and rolled it up. Then I wrapped the whole strap in the Maple bacon. Cooked on 325 for 1 1/2 hours and it was the bomb! Alot of the cheese did ooze out during cooking but there was still enough left in there to taste it. I really think the "Maple" bacon and that sweetness gave it a good flavor. I appreciate the whole idea Skeeter. This is a good one.

Comment

They sure do! My shop is up the road from them and every time we get a norther, we get to smell them cooking it.
              Originally posted by Shane77624 View Post
              I like DJ's that is made in Broussard. I think they have opened up a processing facility in Beaumont now.

Comment

thats a new one on me, cant wait to try it

thanks

Comment

Think I'm gonna have to cook one of these this weekend!

Comment

That sounds terrific. I'm going to try this soon. I made wild hog boudin this year and I have a ton of backstraps in the freezer. Has anybody cooked this without the cheese? What do you think about that? I have some family members that prefer meat and cheese separate. They like them both but cant stand it together. ie Cheese Sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
                      That sounds terrific. I'm going to try this soon. I made wild hog boudin this year and I have a ton of backstraps in the freezer. Has anybody cooked this without the cheese? What do you think about that? I have some family members that prefer meat and cheese separate. They like them both but cant stand it together. ie Cheese Sausage.
                      Its not real cheesy. Most of the cheese cooks away. I have cooked em without cheese. Still good.

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics look so good

Comment

I think its time for one of these! gonna throw a couple on the pit this weekend.

Comment

Im gonna have to try this! Cajin holler use 2

Im gonna try this, But i will use crawfish boudin.Cajin holler makes some.

Comment

i'm going to be trying this recipe this weekend. still not sure what i'm going to stuff it with, but i can't wait.

Comment

thats how you do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X