No announcement yet.

Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason Great Pics and Descriptions as well as being very instructional ,hope everything with your wife is going better ,y'all are some of the nicest people I have ever met off TBH.Been talking to the wife about "lifestyle changes" and once I beat this cancer we are going to reduce most of our lifestyle including selling our house and doing a build that is similar to this so we can concentrate on the important things like traveling and spending more time outside hunting and camping. Thanks for all the ideas and for giving us a plan for the direction we might choose to follow.

E

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
      Jason Great Pics and Descriptions as well as being very instructional ,hope everything with your wife is going better ,y'all are some of the nicest people I have ever met off TBH.Been talking to the wife about "lifestyle changes" and once I beat this cancer we are going to reduce most of our lifestyle including selling our house and doing a build that is similar to this so we can concentrate on the important things like traveling and spending more time outside hunting and camping. Thanks for all the ideas and for giving us a plan for the direction we might choose to follow.

E
      I appreciate the kind words Eric! I hope to have this build done by Thanksgiving but we shall see. Ever anything I can do you know how to reach me!

Go KCA!!!!!

Comment

Looks like there will be an even longer delay for updates. Storms hit yesterday evening and looks like more coming over the next 2 wks. This thread is going to continue being boring for a while. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          Looks like there will be an even longer delay for updates. Storms hit yesterday evening and looks like more coming over the next 2 wks. This thread is going to continue being boring for a while. Lol
          Guess that means you will have to hunt instead!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
            Guess that means you will have to hunt instead!

Comment

You are a workhorse, with some great skills! Fastest I have seen one of these builds come together.

Comment

Getting closer to having porch framed in.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hell yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Corner
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      Some will say it's a cheap way and wrong way to frame this porch. Not how I would do the transition if it were my own however this one is what it is. There will be a 3" drop at the transition. Not terrible by any means but I personally like a smooth transition. This way will work and should actually look pretty good.

I still have to go around and put 2x6 joist all around but post joist are up. Tops of post will also be cut. Overhang will only be the metal which again is a budget decision and will serve it's purpose. Corner joist will be fun as well figuring them out. FIL has been my extra hand on this and what little time we have we were able to knock out a lot on Saturday. Tomorrow evening get a little more done and hopefully Friday evening finish framing before rain hits.
                      Just found this thread today. Great stuff Jason. Thank you for sharing. I even ordered the book!

I'm not sure what you're referring to as the transition. What should it look like compared to how you did it? I know you're busy so if anyone else wants to chime in as well I'd appreciate it.

Keep up the great work!

Comment

Awwwwww yes
                        Looking nice!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                          Just found this thread today. Great stuff Jason. Thank you for sharing. I even ordered the book!

I'm not sure what you're referring to as the transition. What should it look like compared to how you did it? I know you're busy so if anyone else wants to chime in as well I'd appreciate it.

Keep up the great work!
                          It should be smooth from roof to porch. I did this one where it will drop 3" from roof down to porch. Really won't look bad at all just not how I did my personal home or see others done. I'll take better pics hopefully this wknd to explain it a little better.

Comment

Looking good, really motivates me to build my own place now...

Comment

Little more progress on the porch today. Just picked up metal for the roof! $2596.00 for Galvalume R-Panel

Hopefully have porch roof and house roof done by the end of this coming wknd. Have to fit deer hunting in there as well.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Working...
                                X