Stand and Fill- deer reaction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand and Fill- deer reaction?

Thinking about trading out my regular feeders for stand and fill. Has anyone noticed that deer are not as comfortable around the stand and fill? Also those that have stand and fills, how do you like them?

no. Love mine! LAMCO 1000#

Comment

Thinking same thing,

Comment

I think I'm the only of 9 hunters on our place that hasn't made the switch to stand and fills yet, and it's only because I have fully functional 1000 pounders, so I just can't justify spending the money. They all love them and I don't think the switch affected the deer at all once they got accustomed to them visually. There may be a deer or 2 that has an issue getting hit in the knees when the feeder throws, but most will take that over getting it in the eye ball. It stings from what I hear.
        Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 04-13-2018, 12:48 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

No change with mine. Best money ever spent at the lease too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I filled my stand and fill with corn right after buying it and putting it out (I replaced one feeder with another). I test spun it a couple times. I then drove out of my feeder area and into my rifle stand to set for the evening. I already had deer at my feeder when I got there (Texas hill country so there's lots of deer). So the deer didn't seem to mind.

I love my stand and fill. It's an all seasons feeder. I don't see myself using any kind of feeder other than a stand and fill anytime soon. I do think my next one will be a Lamco though. I like the way it is set up a little better.

Comment

They are great and the deer took no time to get used to them. Some guys will complain that the All Season drops corn underneath. From what I've seen it's not a ton and the deer just duck under and eat it.

Comment

Bought my 1st S&F about 5 yrs ago. Now all of our feeders are S&F. I have 4 different brands and no issues with any of them. Deer never paid any attention to the difference and pigs have never messed one up. I will never use anything but them.

Comment

I plan to convert all my standard tripod feeders to s&f this season...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    I plan to convert all my standard tripod feeders to s&f this season...
                    Good plan! Did you get squared away on the cottonseed the other day?

Comment

Ranch King 600# feeder and didn't seem to bother the deer any. Filled it, tested it and left I had deer on my wireless camera within two hours.

Comment

Deer are much more comfortable with stand and fill. Nothing towering over their head..I’ll never buy anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                          Deer are much more comfortable with stand and fill. Nothing towering over their head..I’ll never buy anything else.
                          Maybe on yours, but I have killed plenty of deer on my place directly under my winch up tripod feeders.

Personally, I do not think it matters what type of feeder you use as long as it slings those golden nuggets!

Comment

Working...
                          X