Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    I didn't due to the fact that I want to get the magnetic front tray from Backyard Life Gear, and it won't work with the stainless model.

https://backyardlifegear.com/collections/all
    this is not good. I did not realize how many different things you could order...

Comment

Did burgers on my FIL's last night...had 2 packs of bacon, onion, japs and burgers all done faster than I could have got the grill hot enough to start. Everyone loved them.

[ATTACH]885676[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]885677[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]885678[/ATTACH]

Comment

I cooked Teriyaki Chicken and Fried Rice last night. I liked it so much that I repeated the fried rice today for lunch with some home canned venison. Sorry, didn't get pics.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I cooked Teriyaki Chicken and Fried Rice last night. I liked it so much that I repeated the fried rice today for lunch with some home canned venison. Sorry, didn't get pics.
          Do you mind explaining how you cooked your fried rice?

Comment

Gonna need recipe boss

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
              Do you mind explaining how you cooked your fried rice?
              I just steamed white rice, per box recipe. I drizzled oil on the griddle and sweated (or sautéed) some onion (be sure to salt). Added a little garlic. I added some frozen diced veggies (peas, carrots, green beans, corn) from a package and just heated them through. I cracked a couple of eggs next to it and scrambled them (don't forget to salt/season). I put the steamed rice next to that and "fried" it in a little oil to crisp up the edges a little, then added some soy sauce to taste.

I cooked everything separately in different piles and then combined, but it could certainly be combined as you go.

You can use sesame oil to cook everything, but it's pretty strong, so I normally just drizzle a little over the finished product at the end for flavor.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Boss, of all people to NOT take pics... I'm beginning to believe this stuff about "gettin' old not bein' for sissies"!! Flied Lice sound gooood tho... Ahh...so... Domo...

Comment

I just steamed white rice, per box recipe. I drizzled oil on the griddle and sweated (or sautéed) some onion (be sure to salt). Added a little garlic. I added some frozen diced veggies (peas, carrots, green beans, corn) from a package and just heated them through. I cracked a couple of eggs next to it and scrambled them (don't forget to salt/season). I put the steamed rice next to that and "fried" it in a little oil to crisp up the edges a little, then added some soy sauce to taste.

I cooked everything separately in different piles and then combined, but it could certainly be combined as you go.

You can use sesame oil to cook everything, but it's pretty strong, so I normally just drizzle a little over the finished product at the end for flavor.
                  Needs some skrimps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Did you ever have your griddle built, or did I miss it?
                    My fabricator still has my drawing... It's a "gubment" project, so I'll get it when I get it... Will probably get one of the BS griddle's for Christmas... I've been droppin' hints at home... If she don't get me a griddle, I'm gonna send her brand new front tine Troy Bilt tiller back!!

Comment

go to locaal butcher and pick up 5 or 10 pounds of pork fat trimmings turn it up high and rub that fat on all the metal surfaces and never use a dishwash liquid to clean again.only water and a steel wool pad then wipe thouroughly the steel wool fragments last forever.

Comment

Got my cover in a few days ago. I like it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kembry View Post

Got my cover in a few days ago. I like it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          That's a heck of a nice setup.
                          I got mine in, got it seasoned and made some burgers with Bacon, Mushrooms, and Onions. Best burgers I'd had in a while. Glad this thread made me realize I NEEDED one...lol

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            My fabricator still has my drawing... It's a "gubment" project, so I'll get it when I get it... Will probably get one of the BS griddle's for Christmas... I've been droppin' hints at home... If she don't get me a griddle, I'm gonna send her brand new front tine Troy Bilt tiller back!!
                            If you had bought her a rear tine tiller, you might already have it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                              If you had bought her a rear tine tiller, you might already have it. lol

I was gonna say the same thing, but I figured Charlie already had a rear tune and maybe she wanted a front time for hard to reach spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone added a high pressure regulator to the table top griddle. It has the same issue my 36'' does with the wind giving me h*ll. I have added the hose to attach it to the bigger bottles, but I am having a hard time finding one with a hi pressure regulator. I called the local propane company and they had no idea about what I was talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X