Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    I heard they caught that up Steele Creek some where. They were checking into someone hunting back there when they ran across it.

Ruh-roh.

Comment

Nope it was by the state park. That's what a gw told me.

Comment

I'd like to have that one for dinner! The rib bones that large are easy to pick the meat from . And yes, they do taste like fried chicken . The ones 3 foot and less are not worth my time for cooking, and trying to eat between the bones.

If anyone catches one less than 18", I'd like to have it alive to go in my glove box in the truck. Course you need to catch it some where besides COE land. Snakes are off limits there.
        Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-23-2012, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Another Plug for the Bowhunter Ed, Lake Whitney State Park, 14-15 April 2012.

I'm looking to get a firm count on the attendees for the TXPW Bowhunter Education Course at Lake Whitney State Park, 14-15 April 2012. Firm count including names will allow for:

Free daily access to the park for all attendees (park hosts will have the roster)
          Proper number of instructors
          water, coffee, etc.

Let me know by 1 April please (next Sunday).

I'd like it in this format:

Number of attendees-
          firm/probable/possible/don't know
          Best way for me to contact you, i.e. cell, email.

A couple of you have PMs.

Comment

Get signed up fellers! The class is a one time only class just like the regular Hunters Ed class. You only have to take it one time and it's good for life ! When I did mine a few years ago, there was a lot I learned then from other instructors/hunters. Little bits and pieces of info can really help ya to become more safe and successful in the field. Plus I met a few new people that I have now developed relationships with that are elk guides in Colorado and New Mexico .

Comment

Do we have to take the bow hunter ed class to hunt COE land. I would love to take the class. Just don't know if I can make it since I'm a truck driver. Never have a set schedule. Thanks in advance for any info.

Comment

75, BH Education is not required to hunt the COE property.

It is required on some federal lands (Wildlife Refuge) and some states.

Comment

Anyone goin out this weekend after some thunder chickens?

Comment

I would but I'm going on nights for two weeks today.

Comment

I'll be down at McCown Fri thru Sunday at #6. aparently most the sights are flooded close to the water...Doin some fishin, juggin, and goin after some pigs...We'll see how it goes. Yall are welcome to come by or join. will have the whole family.

Comment

I'll be hammering on the house this weekend. But if I get a chance to slip away for a bit, I might come by Ray. That is, if they will let me in .

Comment

come on Mike! We arta be on some cats this weekend... dinner will be served...

Comment

What time is dinner???

Have fork,will travel.

Comment

bring fork.... Dunno when is dinner, gettin headed that way now. Moved to # 35 closer to the water now they opened those back up...Mike yer welcome anytime at my camp. Hopefully you aint been too rowdy down there they won't let you in...

Comment

Well I was wondering what happened...been to 6 looking for a free catfish dinner. 7 times now!!!

We got here at noon.

Waiting for the sun to go down, so we can build a bonfire.

Comment

Working...
                                X