Hoist and basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
    If you are going to roll that setup build an extension piece so you can hang to clean. I had a similar setup and it got old bouncing around listening to the hoist bounce around the farm.
    I will use it just to lift the animal on to the basket, then drive it to camp and drive up to cleaning rack. I suffer from real bad arthritis in back, knees,hands so I need something to help me load game. I'm usually at lease by myself.

Comment

Heck, I thought you said this will be an off-season project. It looks done! What else you planning on doing or are you done for the year now that you have it completed?...lol That would have taken me about three years just draw the schematic.

Comment

Originally posted by SnJGuin View Post
        Heck, I thought you said this will be an off-season project. It looks done! What else you planning on doing or are you done for the year now that you have it completed?...lol That would have taken me about three years just draw the schematic.
        Pretty sure the OP got a 2nd-grader to draw his up!

Comment

Following.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good. Would be concerned of the connection at the base of the post being your weak link but see you have an angle brace in there. Weld up the top all around and should be good without a brace up top. You’ll get some flex that’s about all. Keep us posted how it finishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
              Pretty sure the OP got a 2nd-grader to draw his up!
              Still better than what I can do. Stick figures are too hard to keep the line straight when you are sober

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Nice

Comment

I would be somewhat worried about the connection of the overhead piece with the upright. I know a couple post back they said you would get some flex and that's it, BUT I would want a little extra support there. Maybe a piece of flat plat cut and fit on the inside of the joint and extending out 1/3 of the overhead?
                    -Looks really good, and great idea. I shot an old heavy buck this year and ended up having to use a cable come-a-long to put him in the truck.Wished I had something like that.

Comment

Make the bottom receiver a cylinder. Weld a smaller pipe inside the vertical shaft that will fit inside the receiver and you'll be able to rotate it. Drill hole through both for hitch pin to lock in place for traveling

Comment

Im done. I finished this project up yesterday evening. I think it came good. I wanted to go try it out at the ranch tomorrow but looks like it’s gonna rain. Maybe I’ll go take a doe Sunday and use my new hoist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why didn't you just use the vehicle's winch?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            How much do you charge to draft up schematics ?
                            A picture may be worth a thousand words, but his drawings are priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                              I was wondering this as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                                Well that was my original plan. But I wasn’t sure that it would work being the close proximity from winch and hoist. I thought the winding and unwinding of the winch would be an issue because of the side to side movement of winch cable. So would I place a pulley near the bottom?

Comment

Working...
                                X