Legal scholar ????? Transition Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal scholar ????? Transition Emails

Has anybody read/researched the Presidential Transition Act of 1963,2000,2015

Basically, it says that the GSA sets up and stores communications and electronic communications for the Presidents transition team.

https://www.gsa.gov/governmentwide-initiatives/presidential-transition/legislative-overview/presidential-transition-act-of-2000
    amendment in 2000 to 1963 applying Transition team to be same as President
    “(iii) Activities under this paragraph may include training or orientation in records management to comply with section 2203 of title 44, United States Code, including training on the separation of Presidential records and personal records to comply with subsection (b) of that section.

Sorry, the blue text is not links. You'll have to copy and paste the url if you want to see the link.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/44/2203
    (b) Documentary materials produced or received by the President, the President’s staff, or units or individuals in the Executive Office of the President the function of which is to advise or assist the President, shall, to the extent practicable, be categorized as Presidential records or personal records upon their creation or receipt and be filed separately.
    (f) During a President’s term of office, the Archivist may maintain and preserve Presidential records on behalf of the President, including records in digital or electronic form. The President shall remain exclusively responsible for custody, control, and access to such Presidential records, The Archivist may not disclose any such records, except under direction of the President, until the conclusion of a President’s term of office, if a President serves consecutive terms upon the conclusion of the last term, or such other period provided for under section 2204 of this title.

With that said, the GSA claims there is no privacy expected and has disclosures to this affect.

Do they have the right to turn over documents when according to this law, the President has exclusive custody, control, and access without warrant or subpoena?
    Last edited by hpdrifter; 12-19-2017, 04:51 PM.

hmm. I thought there was a few lawyer types on here.

Comment

Haha, does anyone actually think libturds give a rats arse about the law?

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
        Haha, does anyone actually think libturds give a rats arse about the law?

I know the ones that I have communicated with on this subject sure don't
        As long as it fits their agenda, it's legal.

But I was hoping some one with some legal(constitutional would help) might at least think it was illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
          I know the ones that I have communicated with on this subject sure don't
          As long as it fits their agenda, it's legal.

But I was hoping some one with some legal(constitutional would help) might at least think it was illegal.

Well, you read the law and posted it...seems pretty cut and dried don’t it?

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
            Well, you read the law and posted it...seems pretty cut and dried don’t it?
            It does to me, but I'm not a Constitutional Lawyer. Mueller and the GSA Lawyer says it was legal.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
              It does to me, but I'm not a Constitutional Lawyer. Mueller and the GSA Lawyer says it was legal.
              ...because they are liberals. They read it differently than you or I do.

Comment

Meuller and the Democraps have realized that there is absolutely nothing there and they looks like complete idiots at this point. Now they are pushing as hard as they can to get Trump to fire Mueller so they can save face. Trump has already said he's not falling for it.

Comment

Working...
                X