Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64 grain soft point neck shot. DRT!

Comment

.223 is perfectly legal and many deer are killed with them. If you have a 30.06 or 30/30 I would use one of them.

Comment

Hornady Black in 75 grain.

just picked up 2 boxes will let ya know how they do.

Comment

Comment

looks like buffalo bore makes some hot and heavy rounds too

Sniper 223 Remington Rifle and Gun Ammo Field Proven rifle and gun ammo. Maximum firepower ammunition. Best ammunition for rifles and guns for sale. Buffalo Bore. Strictly big bore. Strictly Business.

Comment

Yep, probably @ 20-30, most center mass in the shoulder, never run past 40 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[emoji115] Hornady superformance

Comment

I wouldn't shoot the 60gr v-max more of a varmint round. Shoot a leaded soft point. Like a core-loc type bullet.

Comment

I never have, but my son will be assuming he can hit a pie plate (8") 7 outta 10 times between now and mid nov. teaching him to aim for a high shoulder shot to deliver shock to the top of the vitals, central nervous system and structure.

To be honest, I'm a bit nervous, sorta wish now I had gottwn him a .243 or 7mm-08.

He will be shooting 62 gr Fusions

Comment

Shoot Hornady whitetail hunter 62gr. and they will die. PROMISE!!!!

God Bless
                      Bish

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post

God Bless
                        Bish

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post

God Bless
                          Bish
                          Deer won't die if the bullet doesent go bang! Have half a box for my son's Savage .223 and AT LEAST 30% or more have been failure to fire with solid strike marks on the primer. I had 3 in a row yesterday at the range.

Comment

I’ve shot many deer with a .220 swift. Never an issue. I always try to ask the deer if they prefer the swift, 25-06 or 6.5 CM but I never get an answer.

Comment

Killed a truck load with both 223 and 22-250. Kid shot about 40 last year on a MLD ranch. said he didn't like any. He mostly neck shoots though

Comment

I was skeptical at first but both of my boys killed their first deer with a single shot .223. One dropped and other only made it about 40 yards. Good placement is key.

Comment

Working...
                                X