Bad Boy Buggie vs Hunt Ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
    Had I known 4 years ago what I know now I would have saved 1/2 my money and bought a lifted cart. Dont get me wrong I luv my buggy but they are awfully expensive and you can get by in most hunting situations with a jacked up cart.

My 2 cents

I agree with this statement 100%. I you really think you need a vehicle to get over rocks, logs, and through mud, then buy a gas powered utv for the same price. But if you don't need that power, then just buy a lifted golf cart. I have one, and sale them, with a 400 amp controller and 3,000 lb winch. If I were to ever get it stuck, which hasn't happened yet, I can get it out with no problems. Brand new it costs around $6,200.

Comment

JEEP ALL THE WAY. NO BATTERY CHARGING, NO RUNNING OUT OF JUICE WHILE YOU ARE IN THE BACK OF YOUR LEASE, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY HEAT IN THE WINTER.

JUST MY $0.02

Comment

We've already had the gas versus electric argument many times here and it just depends on your needs and your hunting situation, power availability, and terrain. I have a super two wheel drive cart and I have never needed anything else. If I was in East Texas or Louisiana were mud is more of an everyday issue than I would consider a 4x4. For the money you can get an electric cart jacked up with tires wheels and every power upgrade possible including new batteries for 6-7k. If I was to buy a commercially built 4x4 I would go with one that has optional 2 or 4 wheel drive to save on battery life when its not needed.

Comment

I use a lifted gas cart. I hear folks talk about plowing through mud and serious 4 wheeling, but if you are talking about hunting that is not really applicable. I don't know many ranch owners who let guys get off the main road system much with vehicles. I have a friend on a 7,000 acre lease that has to park his truck at the front gate and WALK in if they have had rain so that the ranch roads don't get rutted up. Even on the small place that I own, I sure as heck ain't gonna be out there rutting up my own roads. The only ranch that I have been on that would have kicked my golf cart's butt was in far west Texas mulie hunting. Even then, I think I'd buy a jeep before I'd sink that kind of cash into a BBB or Ranger-type vehicle.

Comment

I've had multiple 4 wheelers, my hunting buddy has a Ranger and i've ridden in the electrics. I've found that the more power/4wd I have the more stuck I get sometimes! I'll probably always have a 4 wheeler for the Colorado trips etc, but for just easing around the lease, filling feeders, hunting the hogs on the road at night etc that an electric fits the bill... can load up 4 guys on it etc and not have to worry about sucking the dust in if you are not the first in the line of 4 wheelers or Rangers blowing down the road. I'm leaning towards a lifted 2wd but wanted a little input on the two that I mentioned because I have zero experience with them. As always, I appreciate the wisdom of the group!

Comment

I have an easygo work horse for the farm. It only goes 15mph but I have never gotten it stuck and with the dump bed it is the handiest thing I have ever owned. Gas is the way to go. And common sense will save you lots of $$$$ with atv.

Comment

Heli, I saw you hunt brushy hill, Electric carts work great there since the deer are so spooky. You can cruise those roads and glass without spooking the game. Thats the main reason I went electric. I want to disturb the deer as little as possible. You can hear a gas utv a mile away. If you get one with the right upgrades you won't be disappointed.

Comment

I stopped by the assembly shop for Hunt Ve today and talked to Geno Petralli today and test drove a couple of new carts and I was impressed with this buggy. I have driven the '08 BBB and also a Stealth EUV and the Hunt Ve was tops hands down. The ride was better and had good speed and power. We drove up and down some steep muddy hills and with good results. Was also empressed on the mechanical makeup of the cart as well as the possible customer service that you would have with the cart being assembled locally. I have a souped up EZGO but if I were to buy a commercially built 4x4 EUV it would probably be the HuntVE. I would still like to drive the Ruff & Tuff and Titan to see how they compare. Just my .02 cents worth.

Comment

Used a BBB again last weekend on a turkey hunt. They are quiet..... but thats their only positive. Horrible ride, horrible speed, and you need a min. 2000 ac lease just to yurn that thing around. All switches are very uncomfortable to reach, unless you are 7' tall. I like the my mini truck over all. But if you want something along the lines of a BBB I'd get a skate board

Comment

Don't buy Hunt Ve!

Do not buy the Hunt Ve. It is very fragile. I purchased one before turkey season because I needed another cart and already had a Bad Boy on a different farm. I drove the Hunt Ve four times. It developed a squeak in the front differential and after the season I took it dealership who just sent me an invoive for $1800 - says the enitre diferential is splintered and must be replaced. I have had the Bad Boy for 5 years and it certainly has had some electrical issues and turning radius is not as good as 2 wheel drive cart, but the total maintence and repairs during the last 5 years is less than half of invoice of the Hunt Ve with less than 3 miles use

Comment

Working...
                      X