No announcement yet.

Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we'll before the season starts lets talk about some dream hunts.
    mine would be cold bay Alaska for a cast and blast. ducks, geese, brants, with salmon and halibut mixed in. the outfitters price isn't to bad but once you factor in flights in gets a little expensive.

I don't think I have any interest in going to Argentina for ducks, may for a dove/pigeon shoot.

i think going someplace where you could chase waterfowl in the morning then do a wild chukar, pheasant or quail hunt in the afternoons would be fun. I also think seaducks or diver hunt in a layout boat would be a cool experience.

what are some other cool waterfowl trips yall have been on or want to go on.

Comment

Mine wood be hunting King eiders, I've seen videos and man that looks epic!!

Comment

My waterfowl bucket list would be a tundra swan or king eiders.

As for dream hunt, I'm thinking for my 30th birthday in a few years, I want to do either a week in Mexico and bring back a handful of fully plumed birds in February or taking 2 weeks off work and following the migration down starting from Saskatchewan, NoDak, Kansas, OK, ending in TX

Comment

You"re gonna need more than 2 weeks to follow the migration down that far lol

Comment

Ehhhh it's really more so wanting to hunt the northern 3, I can hunt OK and TX and day of the week.

Comment

will sell my soul for a hunting trip that doesn't suck. Last year early season was great...then it died off.

Comment

Must do’s for waterfowl enthusiasts that I have experienced.

Argentina - give you 6 box of shells daily. That’s your duck limit. Amazing experience

Canada - Alberta or Saskatchewan. Nothing like shooting mallards and honkers over dry pea or barley fields. 8 ducks and 8 geese per day

Arkansas - Green Timber hunt. When it’s right it’s amazing. Limit 4 mallards

Louisiana - Lake Arthur Club or White Lake. It’s old school and still done the right way. Only way to get to camp is by boat. Cooks, guides, Dogs, Hunters all stay in camp.

Texas gulf coast - pintails and redheads. Afternoon hunts can be better than morning hunts. Mix in a fishing trip in between.

Bucket list for me is Sea Duck hunting. King Eider and Harlequins. That’s what I want to do next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brnhtown View Post
                  Anyone know about WORP tour yet?
                  As of now worp is possibly postponed this year, I will not be hosting because we are expecting our first child that weekend, that takes away 1 boat, another big worp hunter may not make it as well because of out of state stuff which will take away a second big boat. Wont know anything else until later on.

Comment

Originally posted by tiny's taxiderm View Post
                    As of now worp is possibly postponed this year, I will not be hosting because we are expecting our first child that weekend, that takes away 1 boat, another big worp hunter may not make it as well because of out of state stuff which will take away a second big boat. Wont know anything else until later on.

[emoji20]

Comment

i was looking forward to my first w.o.r.p trip

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7555.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	24558790
                        Found a new little hole to fold some ducks, going to try it out on saturday and see what happens.

Comment

Duck Season 2018-2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7559.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	24558791
                          Think I know which pond I’m hunting opening day, didn’t expect to see this many when I rolled up to check this spot out. This is only one group, had 3-4 more groups just like this.

Comment

Managed to shoot a nice mixed bag yesterday morning for the High Plains opener. The amount of water everywhere definitely made it more difficult as the birds can go just about anywhere right now.

Saw a decent amount of Specks and some groups of cranes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                              [ATTACH]930892[/ATTACH]
                              Think I know which pond I’m hunting opening day, didn’t expect to see this many when I rolled up to check this spot out. This is only one group, had 3-4 more groups just like this.

Those all teal?

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                                Those all teal?

It was a mix. had teal, widgeons and shovelers in this pond. In a different one I had teal, pintail, widgeon, shoveler and mottled.

Comment

Working...
                                X