African Hunt Cost??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

African Hunt Cost??

Looking at some realistic numbers. It’ll be a ways down the road but I would really like to take my wife to Africa. It would strictly be an archery hunt, two people probably 7-10 days with 5-7 animals. Not looking at anything extravagant but just the normal plains game. Just need a close rough estimate for entire trip from round trip plane tickets to tips to shipping animals back. Like I said this will be 5 or so years down the road but I’d like to know what to expect so I can start saving now

We figured somewhere around $13-14k. We're going next year, I'm shooting six animals, wife is going to shoot one. It's going to be about 8500 for just the hunt. Still have to pay for flights, tips, shipping, taxidermy etc. We're not shooting anything crazy either, just your normal African animals.

Comment

airfare will vary from $1200 to $2000 per person depending what time of the year you go, and if there are any major soccer matches going on in Africa (i.e. World Cup)

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

you should be able to find a package or a couple's first time safari that includes 4 or 5 animals for less than you would think. Airfare would be like Cajun stated above. I would recommend sending Limcroma an email. They are very good about putting together reasonable packages for first timers. They did that for me back in 2013. Been twice since and going back July of 2019. Can't hurt to get a quote. I first started communicating with them in 2009 and finally made it over in 2013. It can be a long process and they understand that but they can give you a really good idea on the cost and put something together that may get you over there a year early.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
            you should be able to find a package or a couple's first time safari that includes 4 or 5 animals for less than you would think. Airfare would be like Cajun stated above. I would recommend sending Limcroma an email. They are very good about putting together reasonable packages for first timers. They did that for me back in 2013. Been twice since and going back July of 2019.
            That's who we're going with.

Comment

Really been thinking about this. The money part does not bother me as much as the travel and getting the hides back.

Comment

OP, if you want a quote for a hunt, I have a buddy that books hunts for Limcroma, I could shoot you his info and he can answer any questions you have.

Comment

you should be able to find a package or a couple's first time safari that includes 4 or 5 animals for less than you would think. Airfare would be like Cajun stated above. I would recommend sending Limcroma an email. They are very good about putting together reasonable packages for first timers. They did that for me back in 2013. Been twice since and going back July of 2019. Can't hurt to get a quote. I first started communicating with them in 2009 and finally made it over in 2013. It can be a long process and they understand that but they can give you a really good idea on the cost and put something together that may get you over there a year early.
                  Do you have to worry about your bow getting over there? and if it dont, what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    Do you have to worry about your bow getting over there? and if it dont, what happens.
                    I've never had a problem with my bow getting over there. I guess, just like anything they could lose the luggage/bow case, but I've never experienced it. I was concerned the first time I went over, but talked to Limcroma and they said they would find me a loaner bow if they could, or a crossbow, but definitely I would have access to my PH's rifle (which I've actually used in the past just for variety). Obviously it would really suck to not have your bow make it, but you would still be able to hunt with a rifle until it finally showed up. It wouldn't all be wasted.

Another thing, I've always flown direct from Atlanta to Jo'burg. Of course I did have to go from Dallas to ATL, but the fewer stops and plane changes you have the less chance to lose something.
                    Last edited by rladner; 05-16-2018, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Look into Nuduna Safaris, my son and I went on a bow hunting trip with them last year, shot 12 animals total and had an awesome time.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        Really been thinking about this. The money part does not bother me as much as the travel and getting the hides back.
                        Getting the hides back for me has been flawless on 3 trips. I can't speak on other outfitters because I've never experienced them, but Limcroma has a sister company (called Trophy Pro) and they take care of your trophies all the way to shipment. I've never had any issues with them. Always communicate well and are professional. Clearing them on the US side depends on where you live and who does your taxi work. You can also do it yourself if you are motivated. I am not

Comment

wife and I went in 2014, not a single day has gone bye where I don't think of our trip. Want to go back so bad I cant stand it. Hunted 5 days and shot 11 animals. Total cost was right at 13k

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                            wife and I went in 2014, not a single day has gone bye where I don't think of our trip. Want to go back so bad I cant stand it. Hunted 5 days and shot 11 animals. Total cost was right at 13k
                            My wife wants to do the photo safari and I will hunt. I talked to Limcroma at the TTHA show last year.

Comment

Getting the hides back for me has been flawless on 3 trips. I can't speak on other outfitters because I've never experienced them, but Limcroma has a sister company (called Trophy Pro) and they take care of your trophies all the way to shipment. I've never had any issues with them. Always communicate well and are professional. Clearing them on the US side depends on where you live and who does your taxi work. You can also do it yourself if you are motivated. I am not
                              I appreciate the info

Comment

Working...
                              X