DFW Area - Where to buy beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFW Area - Where to buy beef

Anyone know where I could get about a side of beef (processed) around DFW?

My wife has decided that she is not wanting to eat any meat that I haven't killed or that doesn't come from a known source. (she watched a documentary about factory farms )

I don't mind hunting and fishing more at all; but without any place to hunt, she might be eating a lot of beans to get her protein

Any help from the GS would be greatly appreciated!

I like Rendon meats in Rendon

Comment

Country Meat Market on Lancaster in Fort Worth. Hands down the best beef I have ever bought and they were awesome to work with. We bought half a cow from them a few months back and they have my return business for many years to come. Tell them William Reed sent you and they will fix you up right. PM me for Managers name and contact info, you wont regret your purchase with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
        I like Rendon meats in Rendon
        Guy I work with talks about how much he likes them all the time.

(I have no personal experience)

Comment

I've heard really good things about Rendon Meats also but haven't used them myself. In Dallas I'd recommend Kubys http://www.kubys.com/wildgame.asp They do cows, buffalo et cet outside of deer season.

LWD

Comment

My sister is the same way so my brother in law buys meat from Kroger and throws in plastic zip-loc bags. She always gives compliments

Comment

I heard from a cattle raiser friend who used to work for Braums that their beef is very good... raised well

Comment

Old Town Market in Lewisville. Ask for SHawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason19 View Post
                  My sister is the same way so my brother in law buys meat from Kroger and throws in plastic zip-loc bags. She always gives compliments
                  LOL!!!!

I do think she would kick my arse for something like that...

Comment

The guy that owns Rendon Meats is a big hunter. Don't think he hangs out on here but I sent him a link to it tonight.

Comment

What is a half of beef running at Randons?

Comment

Since you are in Keller I am not familiar with anything north, but as mentioned Rendon Meats in Rendon, J and S in Fairfield and Huse's in Malone are all good choices.

Comment

Well the wife called Rendon and they told her they bought their meat from factory farms just like the regular grocers, so that was no bueno

I think we will stop by the Country Meat Market in Ft. Worth (they buy from local ranchers I guess) and see how that works out...

If I didn't love this woman I would definitely have to put HER out to pasture!

Comment

Country meat guarantees their meat for as long as you have it, if you get freezer burn 3 years from now, they will replace it no questions asked free of charge. If you cook a steak and think it tastes off, take it back and he will replace it no question asked. You can't go wrong, I will never buy from anywhere else.

Comment

When you go to C.M. In Ft.Worth let us know what ya think n what it set ya back??

Comment

Working...
                              X