No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didnt make it out yesterday or today..wifey had me fixing up the house....just moved in...you know how that can be...crod did you see anything?

txfirefighter,
    ill be out there all week..its only 40 minutes from the house so i make the trip back and forth....i am just getting to know the land so probably be out there all day scouting....mon-fri..lol....well thats the plan anyway...i know wifey is gonna say otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
      Crod did you go? What did you see? Mayhem I might be able to head out with you during the week. PM what days and times.
      Ok guys.... finally get to sit down at the computer. Yesterday mourning was a pretty good mourning. I saw two groups of about ten each and got to stalk both groups to within 50 yards but none offered a shot before they spooked. They were all out in the open, which is really weird I thought. The first group I saw was on a field edge and the second group I saw under some mast trees. I will be out again tomarrow, don't know if it will be in the mourning or at night.

Also, got a chance to finally get to the archery shop and shoot the Mathews Monster. I have to say I was blown away. It is awesome. Nothing that is said on the internet, as far a s the negativity is true from what I could see. I will be getting one soon. I urge you guys looking for a new bow to go shoot it and check it out. Sorry, had to vent. Haven't stopped thinking of it since yesterday.

Comment

Went out this last weekend. We camped at the primitive site. Friday - Sunday. We got into camp at about 1:30 Friday and set up camp. We hit the sumac about 6:30. We were on hogs about 45 min in. I took a shot, it was high... they ran. About 20 min later we rounded the corner and there was another group about 100 yards down the lane. We got to about 30 yards out. The light was all but gone and the wind was straight in my face. I was just about to take another shot and my buddy flips on his light... they just ran.

Saturday went in about 5:30am set up in a dry creek bed and waited for some to pass thru. They finally did about 9:30... but they were running flat out when they came in. I decided to head back to camp and when I was going thru the sumac, I saw two bedded down about 25 yards in the weeds. I took alot of time to make sure I had a good aim. When i released the arrow it went into the jungle and took a dead left. They jumped up and ran out in front of me about 10 yards. I couldn't get another arrow ready before they were out of sight. That night we never could get close to them and Sunday Morning brought no pigs only sounds off in the distance.

At least the crappie were hitting.

Comment

ill be out there all day tomorrow with the family....hog hunting in the morning and evening and after what smoothboar said...crappie fishing during the day..

Comment

QUESTION, what are the requirements to hunt there( permits...ect)?

Comment

If somebody could show me where the crappie are biting I might be willing to guide a little hog hunting trip....... I haven't had any luck with the crappie, they have been tight lipped lately.

Comment

Things are going good out here but Im tired of looking at these giant Illinois mounts. The record buck was killed in this town just this year. 24 points, scored well over 200 points and dressed out over 200lbs. Hard to believe but i saw pics.

They have big deer out here but these Illinois boys are drueling over hunting hogs in Texas. They dont have them up here.

I should be home next month some time to try it again. Thats if Hill Country leaves us any hogs. LOL

Comment

Hope to make it up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by HillCountryBowHunter View Post
                    If somebody could show me where the crappie are biting I might be willing to guide a little hog hunting trip....... I haven't had any luck with the crappie, they have been tight lipped lately.
                    I'm game for that... lets get a man date set. I'll send you a pm.

Comment

went out this afternoon around 2:30...just a scouting trip to kinda get the lay of the land...figured id start out around gate 7...took my 3 yr. old son with me so we could fish later on....20 min in and i jump a bunch of does....continued on and must of jumped a good 20 or 30 deer in the process...heading back i spot a nice black and blonde sow...she was bedded in them tall fragile cornstalk looking stick things..lol...i dont know what there called......no shot as its almost impossible to keep a 3 yr old boy quiet when he sees an animal...lol...afterwards we grabbed our poles and headed down aways to the water and ended up with a nice catch of white bass...10 i think...we only kept 5 as me and my boy are the only ones that eat the fish...ill be out there again tomorrow to scout around again...

Comment

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
                        went out this afternoon around 2:30...just a scouting trip to kinda get the lay of the land...figured id start out around gate 7...took my 3 yr. old son with me so we could fish later on....20 min in and i jump a bunch of does....continued on and must of jumped a good 20 or 30 deer in the process...heading back i spot a nice black and blonde sow...she was bedded in them tall fragile cornstalk looking stick things..lol...i dont know what there called......no shot as its almost impossible to keep a 3 yr old boy quiet when he sees an animal...lol...afterwards we grabbed our poles and headed down aways to the water and ended up with a nice catch of white bass...10 i think...we only kept 5 as me and my boy are the only ones that eat the fish...ill be out there again tomorrow to scout around again...
                        Ill be out there around 3pm. My number is 512-983-1347, txt me if you wanna hook up. I'm not hillcountrybowhunter LOL , but I've taken a good number of hogs out there.

Comment

crod,
                          yea it would be cool to meet up as I think it would be easier stalking with two pair of eyes...besides you know the place alot better than I..my number is 915-433-6653 ....i will be there after 12 noon for sure....

Comment

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
                            crod,
                            yea it would be cool to meet up as I think it would be easier stalking with two pair of eyes...besides you know the place alot better than I..my number is 915-433-6653 ....i will be there after 12 noon for sure....
                            Cool, ill call yah

Chris

texasbowhunter... you up for meeting up with us?

Comment

Those Illinios guys will have hogs soon enough. They have them in Southern Indiana and have for years.

Comment

stuck one friday afternoon. Followed blood trail for 300 yards no pig. I havent followed a blood trail like that before without recovering. These granger pigs are tough.

Comment

Working...
                                X