No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just that time of year,start thinking about nxt hunting season! Thinking about getting the $48 public land permit this year. Anyone have/had it? Good places or not really,save ur money?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Soon as I figure out the TTHA show schedule for August, I'll let yall know when the Cleburne Get-2-gether/lunchon is. And when the new thread will start.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

TTHA, 3-5 August Houston, 10-12 August Fort Worth, 17-19 August San Antonio. You're welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Soon as I figure out the TTHA show schedule for August, I'll let yall know when the Cleburne Get-2-gether/lunchon is. And when the new thread will start.

TTHA schedule is out. Already taken off to go in Fort Worth,lol
          Just hoping there is less iphone cables,creepy massage people and hair extensions this year lol

Comment

Thanks for the up"dates".

I'll get something figured out pretty soon. Needed to know the dates so I don't plan the G2G the same weekend. I'll probably be working the youth archery booth at the show again if asked, providing it's around my work schedule.

Comment

I would imagine they will need help TG. Checking with last years lead.

Comment

Dang, I forgot about that... guess it got deleted.

It was funny in my head. [emoji3][emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
                  Just that time of year,start thinking about nxt hunting season! Thinking about getting the $48 public land permit this year. Anyone have/had it? Good places or not really,save ur money?

Save your money. When I first moved to Texas I did it. Closes place I found for me was 2 hours 1 way. And seen 1 doe. Unless you wanting pigs. But that was a long long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                    Save your money. When I first moved to Texas I did it. Closes place I found for me was 2 hours 1 way. And seen 1 doe. Unless you wanting pigs. But that was a long long time ago.
                    No,looking for deer. I found couple places in far east Texas,near family on Toledo Bend and then Caddo Grasslands. Im in Mansfield, so Whitney is still alot closer and Ive heard Caddo is a little dangerous once regular season starts and folks can rifle hunt out there. Mostly saw places for dove or ducks,but wasnt sure if once you payed your money,if there was more spots offered that they dont show on the current maps

Comment

I can hardly wait for summer to be over so I can get back on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        I can hardly wait for summer to be over so I can get back on the water.
                        Is a little warm for the fish to be biting. Alest I haven't had much luck from the bank

Comment

I wonder if the fishing barge at Juniper Cove is back open yet.

Comment

Heck, I'm wondering when and who will start the new 2018-2019 thread.

Headed to the south end Sunday am for some fishin, hope the rain doesn't get us.

Comment

OK, the 12th Annual Celburne Get-2-Gether will be August 11th (just don't get the 11th and 12th mixed up ). And probably start around noon as has been in the past. I haven't confirmed a location as of yet. But will before I announce a new thread on it in the Around The Campfire forum.

The new 2018-2019 season thread will start that same evening or shortly after, as tradition has it.

Comment

You know I'll be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X