Caddo Natl. Grasslands 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FDPBrooks View Post
    I've been up there a few times, will probably be out on Saturday with my boy. Lots of pigs, seen a couple of deer. Signs are there just have not been able to get on top of them yet.
    How crowded does it get on opening day?

My first guess is to avoid the small zones and anywhere around campgrounds.

Comment

Just trying to plan ahead so I don’t waste a lot of time running from other hunters.

Comment

I'm not much help but I was driving along the roads Oct 1 which was opening weekend and their was only 1 hunter their that i saw so i dont think it will be crowded.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Opening day was only 1 hunter and hunted a few other times with the place to myself.

Comment

Anyone hunting Caddo tomorrow?

Comment

I was out on Saturday and it wasn’t that crazy. Jumped one buck but never got a shot. Heard some other shooting so someone was having a good time ha.

Comment

I'm thinking about hunting Coffee mills lake area in a couple weeks.
                Question for those of you that have been there.
                Would it be possible to use a boat to get to less traveled hunting areas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I hiked to the lake and there was a couple out there on a boat so it’s a pretty good opportunity really.

Comment

I️ was out on Saturday, bunch of shooting but nothing near me. Headed back out on Saturday, hopefully the cold snap will get them moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
                      I'm thinking about hunting Coffee mills lake area in a couple weeks.
                      Question for those of you that have been there.
                      Would it be possible to use a boat to get to less traveled hunting areas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                      yep, because its a long hike without one to below the dam.

Comment

Originally posted by FDPBrooks View Post
                        I️ was out on Saturday, bunch of shooting but nothing near me. Headed back out on Saturday, hopefully the cold snap will get them moving.
                        FDPBrooks, What area did you move through?

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                          yep, because its a long hike without one to below the dam.
                          Tdwinklr, have you spend a lot of time below the dam? Is it any more open there or is the whole Grassland just as thick of brush as the west side of the lake?

Comment

I was on the north side of the lake. Been trying to scout as much as possible, just a lot of land to walk. Will be out there on Saturday and Sunday with my boy, trying to get him involved and enjoying the outdoors. Too much time with a phone in his hand.

Comment

There is a fair amount of pigs in this area, if any come across I will probably take a shot at one.

Comment

I hiked a lot of the west of the lake and jumped several deer but still haven’t seen any pigs. Lots of sign but I’m clearly doing this wrong, ha

Comment

Working...
                                X