New Ford Trucks, be careful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ford Trucks, be careful

I don't know why, but there has been a lot of the new F250/350 and F150 stolen.
    The crooks used to really go after the '01-07ish body style F250s. Never saw many of the 08+, but now all of the sudden, lots of new trucks.

If you have a new Ford, I'd highly recommend looking into some extra theft protection, especially if in big cities

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Is it because they are finally worth stealing again?

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
      Is it because they are finally worth stealing again?
      No!

Comment

Ford is the easiest truck to break into that’s why. I have a 2018 F250 and it was broken into with 1700 miles on it. The lock cylinder is so easily broken with a screw driver now that anyone can do it. 3/4 and 1 tons are stolen every other minute bc of body and cab size. Cartels love them for that reason.

Comment

I own a Chevy. No one wants to steal it.

Comment

Not just lately. Been that way for years, especially around the valley. That's probably the most stolen truck in SouthTexas.

Comment

Why Ford doesn't go to a keyless fob like gm is sorta bizarre...I've seen vids on the Camaro forum where thieves have to use a trailer with a winch to drag them on & then strip them. I'm told they almost entirely cannot be started without.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                Not just lately. Been that way for years, especially around the valley. That's probably the most stolen truck in SouthTexas.
                I think I've only seen one or two 2008-2016 trucks stolen. Lots of 2001-2007s. And now see quite a few 2017+
                But I will say this, it's amazing what a truck with a replacement bumper can go through.

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                  I think I've only seen one or two 2008-2016 trucks stolen. Lots of 2001-2007s. And now see quite a few 2017+
                  But I will say this, it's amazing what a truck with a replacement bumper can go through.

Yep, seen a stolen Halliburton truck blazing a new sendero in Tacabaya South of Encino 10 yrs ago. That thing went from for miles.

Comment

That was their big selling point to me when trying to get me to buy LoJack. Finance guy was almost proud to tell me I just bought the number one stolen truck in TX lol

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post

As far as that goes, its amazing what a minivan can go through. There was chase that ended on our property a few years ago. They went off the highway through one fence, then brush/mesquite and before it was over they crashed through 2 interior fences before the van gave up. They found one illegal and all others were gone. Poor lady had a broken arm and some ribs. As far as I know, no one else was ever found. It was crazy what that van went through and over though. I don't think I would have taken my tractor through there even after a 12 pack!

Comment

From what I've heard they are stealing them for parts.

Comment

Everyone wants one.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Why Ford doesn't go to a keyless fob like gm is sorta bizarre...I've seen vids on the Camaro forum where thieves have to use a trailer with a winch to drag them on & then strip them. I'm told they almost entirely cannot be started without.
                            Mine has a keyless fob. One of my clients had one as well and they stole his. They said it was all on video and it looked like someone must have used a computer or some kind of technology to open it. He didn't "break" anything. Never found the truck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

They have been the #1 truck for Illegals and coyotes smuggling people for years. All year models. I have a buddy in the Border Patrol that has bail outs weekly. Almost all are F250s.

Comment

Working...
                              X